Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change product key after upgrade to Building Design Suite

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
P_Verschoor
1905 Views, 3 Replies

Change product key after upgrade to Building Design Suite

We have upgraded our Revit Architecture and Revit MEP suites to the Building Design Suites. We now have a different serial number and product key. I would like to change the product key for AutoCAD so we don't have to reinstall AutoCAD on all the computers. The serial number is easy to change but I don't know to change the product key.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: P_Verschoor

i don't think you can

you have to uninstall and reinstall

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
pcnelson
in reply to: DarrenP

Autodesk:  this is lame.  Fix it.

Message 4 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: P_Verschoor

AMFPV,

Hello. Sorry for the frustration. The more modern installers will not let you install with a random key, but will let you install with a corresponding key. That is, you can get through some installers using a suite key. Like using the AutoCAD installer with a Suite key that has Autocad in it. This will work just fine with network installations, but users with standalone installations will likely have activation issues as they would be trying to activate an incorrect product combo.

A manual change for a Product key would be a great request:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report