Installation & Licensing

stephan_1975
Message 1 of 3 (368 Views)
Accepted Solution

Change IP / FQDN of license server

368 Views, 2 Replies
05-20-2011 04:50 AM

Hi,

I've got a bit of a problem with moving autodesk licenses from one serve to another one. To be exactly, it's not the actual process of moving the licenses (that was really simple) but now I've to re-configure the clients. Let's assume the following situation:

Old license server FQDN: DCXB1

New license server FQDN: DCXB2

Where can I change the license server at the clients? Or do I have to reinstall everything? I've already changed the administrative sources for network installation, that works perfectly, but I'd like to avoid a re-installation for all the "old" clients cause it's a hell of a work ;-) .

All suggestions appreciated. Thanks for your efforts in advance.

Regards

Stephan

Hi,

See this article :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

• In the Variable Name box, enter ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE
  • In the Variable Value box, enter the license server(s) in the following format:
  • @DCXB2

Valued Mentor
frhervet
Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

Re : Change IP / FQDN of license server

05-20-2011 06:54 AM in reply to: stephan_1975

Hi,

See this article :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

• In the Variable Name box, enter ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE
  • In the Variable Value box, enter the license server(s) in the following format:
  • @DCXB2

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stephan_1975
Message 3 of 3 (356 Views)

Re: Change IP / FQDN of license server

05-20-2011 12:31 PM in reply to: stephan_1975

Thanks a lot, that was the solution! :smileyhappy:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!