Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change IP / FQDN of license server

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
stephan_1975
771 Views, 2 Replies

Change IP / FQDN of license server

Hi,

I've got a bit of a problem with moving autodesk licenses from one serve to another one. To be exactly, it's not the actual process of moving the licenses (that was really simple) but now I've to re-configure the clients. Let's assume the following situation:

Old license server FQDN: DCXB1

New license server FQDN: DCXB2

Where can I change the license server at the clients? Or do I have to reinstall everything? I've already changed the administrative sources for network installation, that works perfectly, but I'd like to avoid a re-installation for all the "old" clients cause it's a hell of a work 😉 .

All suggestions appreciated. Thanks for your efforts in advance.

Regards

Stephan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
frhervet
in reply to: stephan_1975

Hi,

See this article :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

• In the Variable Name box, enter ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE
  • In the Variable Value box, enter the license server(s) in the following format:
  • @DCXB2

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
stephan_1975
in reply to: stephan_1975

Thanks a lot, that was the solution! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report