Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change installation from Network to Standalone

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
karthur1
584 Views, 1 Reply

Change installation from Network to Standalone

Got a user that is using a Network license and we need to change him to use a standalone license.  I didn't want to have to reinstall Inventor.  I searched and found KB article that outlines how to edit the registry and do what I need (TS17847202).

Problem is after I make the edit and then start Inventor, Inventor will not start.  The Inventor splash screen comes up for a few seconds and then goes away. I tried again and watched the windows task manager and the Inventor process starts, then closes. Tried rebooting, but no joy.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: karthur1

Unfortunately, the registry switch doesn't always work.  The problem is likely in the ProductInformation.pit file.  The application cannot find the licensing for the product because it does not match what was installed.

You will likely have to uninstall the product and reinstall to get the result that you desire.  Smiley Sad

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report