Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFDesign 2010 : Transfer Standalone License

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rio420
612 Views, 4 Replies

CFDesign 2010 : Transfer Standalone License

Hello world

We need to transfer a standalone license for CFDesign 2010 from an aging computer (that will be decommisioned) to a new one.

How do I go about doing this? 

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Rio420

If the license is still valid (2010 is retired) then just install it on the new machine and try to activate it.  You might need assistance getting an activation code.  Once working, simply uninstall it from the old computer.  It's not worth trying to get the portable license utility to work simply to move from a retiring machine to a new one. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Rio420
in reply to: TravisNave

I had tried that already. Did not work. The license file only works on the original PC it was installed on.

I had posted this question few months ago and was contacted on the forum by an Autodesk customer service person who asked for the license and info of the new PC to transfer the license on their end.

Problem: we did not have the new computer yet. So the guy gave me a Link to a form to fill in once we did.

Fast forward today, and we now have the new computer procured. Problem: It seems the Link no longer exists. It looks like the customer service page has been reorganized somehow.

Would you know where such a form exits on this site?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Yes.  You can use the online method to activate your license here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/installation-and-licensing

Or you can can call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 1 > (Stand-alone)

You will need to provide your serial number and the request code.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
ThierryCorbeil

Hello

Did you find a solution?

I have the same problem, I have CF Design 2010 purchase with BlueRidge Dynamics and now don,t know what to do?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report