Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
warrenandy
219 Views, 1 Reply

Cascading with Suites

Try this again... We are having some weird ghost in t he machine today... The license server is acting up and randomly denying users.

The reason I am posting is this. I have a user (Dept head at that) who was opening ACADM 2011 and it tried to give him Factory Design Suite Ultimate and it was in use so it gave him Product Design Ultimate instead. I thought Cascading went to the lowest option? For ACADM it would be FDS Standard or PDS Standard (both of which were available for use). Why would it be grabbing the highest seat? Do I need to move the Ultimate’s to the bottom of the License file – Standard to the top?

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: warrenandy

That's usually a good start.  Though cascading is supposed to go cheapest first, we have found in the past that license order sometimes matters.  Since all of your licenses were all generated on the same date, it certainly isn't that.  So you might move your expensive products to the bottom and see how it goes.  You could always use an options file to help funnel some of that creatively.  But that's a problem for another day.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report