Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading for Navisworks Manage and Simulate

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
david.lau
732 Views, 5 Replies

Cascading for Navisworks Manage and Simulate

Information on the cascading of licenses of Autodesk products is here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14885918&linkID=12305695

For Navisworks, you need will need to install both the Manage and Simulate on the same computer if you would like to use either the Manage or Simulate license from the license server.

1. Navisworks Manage will only use a Manage license.
2. Navisworks Simulate will use either a Manage or Simulate license.
3. If you open Navisworks Simulate and it uses a Manage license before using a Simulate license, you can flip the order of the licenses in the license file or you can create an options file for the license server.
4. Navisworks Simulate should use a Simulate until it runs out of Simulate licenses then it will use a Manage license, if available.

David Lau
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cosmin.petrea
in reply to: david.lau

Hi, does that mean the with an AEC Collection/Navisworks manage license or any other license that includes Navisworks Manage I am entitled to install and use Navisworks Simulate?

Thank you,

Cosmin

Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: cosmin.petrea

this post was from nearly 10 years ago so things may have changed since then

how cascading works for collections: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Cascad...

you will have to try installing simulate & see if it will grab a collection license or a manage license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
cosmin.petrea
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi DarrenP,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I understand the technicalities, but my question is rather a licensing one.

So, from a licensing perspective, is it permitted to install and use Navisworks Simulate and assign a Navisworks Manage license to the user/device that uses the Simulate software?

In short, is it possible to assign a Navisworks Manage license to cover the use of Navisworks Simulate (from a licensing perspective and not technical one)?

Just to elaborate a bit more, all functionalities of Simulate are included in Manage, and the price of Manage is 2.5 times higher, but is not clear for me if a Navisworks Manage license includes the use rights of Navisworks  Simulate.

Thank you,

Cosmin

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: cosmin.petrea

this post is talking about multi-user licensing not single user licensing

so no you won't able to  assign a manage license to cover a simulate license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
cosmin.petrea
in reply to: DarrenP

This is exactly the case: using AEC network licenses.
AEC includes Navisworks Manage, but it is not clearly stated if Manage includes Navisworks Simulate.

So the question is, when in an multi-user licensing scenario, if one of my users have an AEC license assigned by the licensing server and have installed locally the Simulate software, should we purchase a separate license for Navisworks Simulate, or the use of Navisworks Simulate comes included in the AEC licenses (which includes Navisworks Manage)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report