Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant't reinstall revit 2014 - Error 1303, Tapped out of ideas

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
kondichael
720 Views, 8 Replies

Cant't reinstall revit 2014 - Error 1303, Tapped out of ideas

Hi

So I have been working with Revit for almost two years now, with no problems at all, until today. Whenever I opened up revit, as soon as it had loaded it automatically crashed. So I uninstalled Revit Architecture 2014 downloaded the installation file, and tried to install the problem all over again. Only to get the error message 1303.

I took a screenshot of the error. The message is in danish but it states that it's the Error 1303.

Unavngivet.png

I have so far, updated my drivers, run a "windows fix(on the 1303 issue)" and been trying to grant myself full control of the Programdata- and Programfilesfolders, even though I have Full control and all folders within the C:\ 

Full access.png

I also tried installing revit on an other drive, however it gives me the exact same error.

Thanks for the help.

- Michael

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jroper
in reply to: kondichael

Try turning your UAC (User Account Control) all the way off.  You can try turning it back on once the program is loaded.

Edit - Source:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/01/autocad-family-1303-and-1905-errors.html

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/05/windows-user-access-control.html

Message 3 of 9
ukdxb012

In some cases UAC (user access control) can stop the installer from writing to the registry even with an admin account. Can you try disabling it and rebooting and then try to install again?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/turn-user-account-control-on-off#1TC=windows-7

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 9
kondichael
in reply to: ukdxb012

Unfortunately the UAC is already turned off.

Message 5 of 9
Jroper

Double check to make sure that the Windows account you are installing with is an administrator. Also, when you run the setup.exe, right-click on it and select 'run as administrator' just to be double-sure.
Message 6 of 9
kondichael
in reply to: Jroper

I checked, My account is run as an administrator.

Message 7 of 9
ukdxb012

Long shot but have you tried creating a new Windows User Profile with Full Admin access. Turn off UAC settings and diasbled any Antivirus or Windows Security Essentials.

I always run my installers as "Run As Administrator" even though im an administrator.

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 8 of 9
kondichael
in reply to: ukdxb012

I created a new account as an administrator, and installed the program. The installation wen't perfect, I then fired up Revit with no problems at all.

I proceeded to test Revit with my original account, and it to worked perfect.

The new account is now deleted, and I have a working Revit on my old account once again.

Thanks very much for the help.

Best regards.

- Michael Nielsen

Message 9 of 9
ukdxb012

Glad I could help! 🙂

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report