Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot use 3-server license in a single server configuration.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
michellehackett
476 Views, 2 Replies

cannot use 3-server license in a single server configuration.

Regarding CaseNo:07492751.  Call - License File Request

Friday I called Autodesk with a client to request a combined license file for a single server model to run the ECS and EMS suites. We provided them both s/n and the server name and MAC address. After placing the file we've gotten we are getting the following problems.

012-07-27 18:49:02,842 root.LicenseEngine started without redundancy.

2012-07-27 18:49:02,905 root.Vendor (adskflex) ERROR: licenses\adskflex\ESEC2013enlicense.lic - cannot use 3-server license in a single server configuration.

2012-07-27 18:49:48,042 root.Vendor (adskflex) ERROR: licenses\adskflex\ESEC2013enlicense.lic - cannot use 3-server license in a single server configuration.

2012-07-27 19:11:54,937 root.Vendor (adskflex) ERROR: licenses\adskflex\ESEC2013enlicense.lic - cannot use 3-server license in a single server configuration.

2012-07-27 19:12:33,132 root.LicenseEngine stopped.

2012-07-27 19:12:33,132 root.Vendor (adskflex) ERROR: invalid state.

2012-07-27 19:13:07,139 root Version: 11.10.0.2 build 96281 (2011.08.05-04.58.18)

What I believe this is telling us is that the license created was not for a single server model but a redundant. How do I verify this in the license file? Is this something, that someone can lead me through to correct, as by the time the Business Center opens on Monday morning we will have 3 huge geographic regions whose products will be going down. Any assistance is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This is no longer urgent as a co-worker fixed the license file stating it had to many server lines. I would like to know however if you could point me to a resource that would help me in reading the licenses to better myself in understanding what needs to be there (or no in given senarios. What does need to be in place to identify if similar suites licenses wil cascade and what variables need to be in place for that type of behavior etc.

Message 3 of 3

Basically everything about a License file is explained in my post about combining .LIC files.  It should clear up all your questions and concerns about the formatting and how it all works.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report