Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall Maya 2013 - missing mfc100u.dll??

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
spd_dmn
6890 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot uninstall Maya 2013 - missing mfc100u.dll??

Hi, I uninstalled Maya 2011 because I had 2013 already on my PC, and now I can't use 2013 because I'm apparently missing this "mfc100u.dll" file. I cannot uninstall it because when I use the Uninstall/Change feature in the control panel nothing happens at all.

I tried re-installing it with the Setup application, but it says I already have it installed and as such I cannot re-install it. I tried deleting all of the Maya 2013 files, and that accomplished absolutely nothing because the Maya installer says the exact same thing - it's still installed.

What can I do to fix this? I tried placing the mfc100u.dll file that was with the original setup download into the Maya 2013 setup folder that I had thought was installed in my PC, but that throws up yet another error. It is highly important that I fix this ASAP.

I have Windows 7x64.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: spd_dmn

Hello Eric and welcome to the community. 

Outside of our Clean Uninstall Process, there are 3rd party applications such as the Microsoft Clean-Up Utility which can clear those registry files that are preventing you from re-installing.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 6
spd_dmn
in reply to: philip.s

Hello, and thank you for your reply.

Just now, I ran the Microsoft Fix It utility, and that successfully uninstalled/removed all of the problematic components and allowed me to re-install Maya.

Message 4 of 6
philip.s

Glad to hear it's resolved Eric, and thanks for circling back and providing the solution as it will benefit other members of the community who have a similar issue.

Message 5 of 6
rhanser2
in reply to: philip.s

I can't figure out how to post and I'm getting frustrated with Maya 2013.  I'm getting this error when trying to render, it has been a few days and I posted on another site that people recommended and no one can help me.  I'm on a mac os lion, student edition licensed.  Error is

createAndAssignShader layeredShader "";
connectAttr -f layeredShader1.outColor layeredShader1SG.surfaceShader;
// Connected layeredShader1.outColor to layeredShader1SG.surfaceShader. //
sets -e -forceElement layeredShader1SG;
// layeredShader1SG //
// Created shader layeredShader and assigned to the selected objects. //
// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/updateAE.mel line 527: Cannot find procedure "AEsetDisplayToNodes". //
// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/updateAE.mel line 527: Cannot find procedure "AEsetDisplayToNodes". //

I get this when I go into render and try to do anything.  I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it, did not work.  In order for me to do the next thing in class I have to have this working.  Please HELP.  

Message 6 of 6
tso2me

I have this same problem. It is cost me a couple grade-point in teo different classes. I think the guys At auto desk really need to get this fixed. Seems to be an ongoing problem with 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report