Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall Inventor 2012

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mihai20
2002 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot uninstall Inventor 2012

Hi,

I recently tried to install Inventor 2012 but during the installation process I got a prompt to close Windows Explorer before continuing. I had the option to close it and reboot it after the install or continue and restart the pc after installation, so I chose to continue without closing Explorer. Soon after that I got another error and the installation closed but I had the Inventor 2012 icon on my desktop but I couldn't open it because it gave an error. I tried reinstalling but then in the autorun it said that Inventor 2012 is already installed, all I could do was install the other parts. I closed it, uninstalled all Autodesk products (I had Inventor 2011 installed) and tried again with the same result. I followed the instructions from Autodesk on how to perform a clean uninstall and still the same result: Autodesk Inventor 2012 already installed. I used Revo Uninstaller for these tasks, deleted all the folders and registry keys. I also tried a removal tool to remove all Autodesk products from my pc but it didn't detect any. I tried installing Inventor directly from the .msi file, skipping the autorun, but I get error 1606 cannot access network path /bin. I tried solutions found on the web to resolve the error (deleting or editing registry keys and automated fix) but it didn't work.

So this is my predicament. What can I do? I am out of options, the only thing left that I can think of is to format drive C and close Explorer when the installer tells me to. Maybe there's an easier way? Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: mihai20

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

If that doesn't work, Installation problems may be resolved using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
glydrfreak

i installed the file to my portable hard drive accidentally. i removed it from the hard drive, and now i can't install it to my desktop because of this: (see attachment)     how to i do this?     

Message 4 of 7
mihai20
in reply to: TravisNave

The Clean Up Utility did the trick. Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: glydrfreak

glydrfreak, try using one of the methods listed in my links above.

mihai20, glad you are fixed up! Smiley Happy 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
glydrfreak

i can't figure out how to run it. it's not in the start menu anywhere.

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: glydrfreak

It gets installed to the root of the start menu. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report