Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall Inventor 2012 - 32bit to 64bit

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bobmorey
797 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot uninstall Inventor 2012 - 32bit to 64bit

Hi,

I bought a stand alone seat of Inventor 2011 and upgraded it via subscription to 2012.  I have to now transfer it from a WIN XP 32 bit format to Win 7 64 bit format.  I have been unable to install  the 64 bit Inventor however.  I looked at a similar thread that said delete some of the Microsoft C++++ redistributable files?  Can I safely uninstall all of these?  I looked in the %TEMP% folder for the install log, but could not find it.  I think there is a setup log but not install.  It never seemed to install even though the flash page says Install complete.  Attached is Flash screen install complete, and setup log.

Thanks for your support.

Bob

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: bobmorey

Bob,

It is definitely failing on the prerequisite, according to the log:

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

You will want to remove that 2010 instance of Visual C++ first.  You should also uncheck the installation for the other products, including Design Review and just get your Inventor on there first.  You can always get the latest Design Review, if needed, from Autodesk.com.

But anyway, your product is failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is failing prior to the installation of your Autodesk software.

If the prerequisite program does in fact, already exist on your computer, it is likely newer than the one the Autodesk installer is attempting to install. Like I said, please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue and run your installer again.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

If that still fails, you may need to make an advanced edit to the setup.ini file to ignore the error. Please make sure you manually install the prerequisite file from Microsoft and then modify the setup.ini file accordingly.

For more information on this process, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-NET-Framework-Language-Pack-Failed-Inst...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
bobmorey
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,
I had two instances of M-soft C++++ 2010 redistributable installed on the pc.? I deleted both and the install went perfect.? Thanks for your support!
Bob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report