Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Uninstall Civil 3D 2011

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bkballa
1730 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot Uninstall Civil 3D 2011

My Civil 3D 2011 would not start. It just blinks and disappears. 

I tried to repair/reinstall Civil 3D. During the middle of the session, it gives an error and rolls back the "installation. Then I tried uninstalling 3D to the same effect

I searched the blogs for solution. One of them said I need to uninstall Materials Base Library, Materials Library IN THAT ORDER and uninstall Civil 3D. Still the same error message crops up. And in this process my AutoCad 2011 also stopped working.

Now one of the forum answers told me to uninstall ALL autodesk products including materials library and do a clean install. This time also I decided to bite the bullet. I was able to uninstall ALL the autodesk products except, yes you guessed it, Civil 3D.

Now Please tell me how to UNINSTALL/REPAIR/REINSTALL Civil 3D 2011. Thanks.

Biswa

PS: And yes, I did uninstall my .Net framework and reinstalled it and updated it using Windows update. By the way I run Civil 3D on 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: bkballa

Use the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility to remove your Civil 3D.  Then manually delete the Civil files under Program Files.  Your initial problem may have been caused by a corrupt CascadeInfo.cas file, but you are beyond that now.

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Installation problems may be resolved using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
bkballa
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks.

The microsoft uninstaller utility worked like a charm. I was aware of the utility, but was reluctant to use it as microsoft "retired" it (presumbly for MS-Office related problems).

Anyways problem solved 🙂 I did reinstall Civil 3D 2011, however I decided not to reinstall AutoCAD 2011 as 3D has bult-in AutoCAD.

Thanks once again.

Biswa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report