Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start Maya 2012 64-bit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
511 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot start Maya 2012 64-bit

I am a student who just downloaded the free trial of the Entertainment Creation Suit (Premium version). When I finished installing and tried to open Maya 2012, however, an error window appeared. It told me that it couldn't start the program because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from my computer. It suggested reinstalling the program to fix the problem, but when I did that, nothing changed. If you could help me out, that would be great!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You can try reinstalling DirectX from the Autodesk media or you can download the missing DLL from the following link and place it in the C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders. 

http://dllcentral.com/d3dx9_42.dll/9.27.952.3001/download/

Reboot and try launching again.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report