Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Inventor 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dxtroy777
1302 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot open Inventor 2014

I am a student and Ive installed and uninstalled Inventor professional 2014 6 times, it wont open saying the application failed to start (0xc0000142). I have not registered the product because I dont know how. I was never given the option during installation. I did find myself at a registration page at one point and my serial number was invalid. Just recently i was able to successfully open and run Architecture 2014 with the same serial number. I dont understand what I need to do. Are there corrupt inventor files on my computer, if so, how do i remove them.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wiggi
in reply to: dxtroy777

I am having the exact same problem and i am also a student; any help would be greatly appriciated as i am currently working on a project with a deadline in May.

Message 3 of 4
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: dxtroy777

Hi Jaren,

Welcome to the Community. Were you installing Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 on Windows 8.1? If that is the case, you'll need to install Inventor Professional 2014 Service Pack 1 to resolve this. For more information on this issue, kindly check out this article on "Inventor unexpectedly exits on startup on Windows 8.1".

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 4 of 4
dxtroy777
in reply to: wiggi

Hey thanks for the reply. I recieved help from Autodesk education team. If
you are running on Windows 8.1, that would be the reason why. But it's ok,
they have been testing some software on the new windows and that's why
it won't work. They made a patch, and if you already have the software
installed, just go to this link,
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22238097&linkID=9242018
there
you will install the SP1 (service pack 1). After that, the program should
run, if not, try uninstalling the software and then reinstall it.

-hope this helps
Jaren

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report