Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install Inventor Optimization

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
augu_stin
529 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot Install Inventor Optimization

Hi Everyone,

I posted this one in Inventor section, but I thought I probably should have posted it here.

I am on subscription; have Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2012 SP2,  Update 2 installed. When trying to install inventoroptimizationupdate.exe, I get an error message: "Autodesk Product Design SuitePremium or Ultimate is required to support Autodesk Inventor Optimization".

Any help will be highly appreciated as I was not able to find any solution up to now.

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: augu_stin

try taking off update 2 and try to install it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
augu_stin
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,

It did not work. Still cannot install the optimizationupdate patch.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5

Hello,

Thank you for having posted your question in this discussion group.

Here is an interesting link on this subject. http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS17911235

Remark: This package should include the SP1 and could create a conflict when installing on SP2 update 2 already installed.

Let me know if you would need more info on this subject.

I hope that will help.

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 5 of 5
augu_stin
in reply to: augu_stin

Hi Nicolas,

I have uninstalled again service pack 2 and this time I manage to install the patch for inventor optimization.

I now re-installed inventor service pack 2 and the update.

The problem I face now is that Optimize and Results buttons are greyed out. I'll probably start another post for this topic.

Thank you,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report