Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install Autodesk Design Review 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Nick
2217 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot Install Autodesk Design Review 2012

Hi, I am trying to download the autodesk design review 2012 program and am having errors with the installer.

The error says : "visual studio 2010 SP1 C++ Runtime (0x2: Failed downloading component.)

I have a collegue that was able to install it fine a couple weeks ago, but have now tried this on several computers and it is failing. 

I have attached an image of the error if any claification is required.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.

Nick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
aaronhai
in reply to: Nick

Hi Nick,

Welcome to Autodesk Discussion Group.

Please see if the below blogpost available in the Autodesk Up & Ready Blog works in addressing the issue.

Autodesk Design Review 2012: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86/x64 Redistributable

- Installation: The case of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and the 1603 error

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: aaronhai

Download 2013.  Also, use the full installer if possible.  

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/04/design-review-download-now-vs-additional-install-...

Choose 'deploy Autodesk Design Review' option.

David Lau
Message 4 of 6
dembkod

Nick,

Hello. In addition, considering you are failing on C++, after you download the full installer, open your Control Panel and uninstall any C++ entries that are present for 2010- I expect you will have multiple. If one in installed badly or if the versioning is in conflict, this would possibly eliminate the block.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 6
pbglendenning1

It's March of 2014 now.

Why does this problem still exist?

I cannot install Design Review on an XP SP3 version of Windows, nor will it install in Windows 8 Pro or Windows 8.1.

Why is it that a software tool/viewer is this ridiculously crippled that it can't even be installed at this late date?

Windows 8 has been out for awhile. Design Review, as I understand it to be, is intended to be a resource for sharing files with people outside of the Autodesk ecosystem for review and commenting. If it can't even be installed easily and requires considerable under-the-hood fiddling with to just to get it to install, what purpose is there for the product to even exist?

I have encountered the same error on every attempted install:
The following failed to install: Visual Studio 2010 SP1 C++ Runtime (0x2: Failed downloading component.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report