Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install AutoCAD 2014 Lite on Win 7 64bit machine

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
abpat
1144 Views, 9 Replies

Cannot install AutoCAD 2014 Lite on Win 7 64bit machine

I am trying to install AutoCAD 2014 Lite on Win 7 64bit machine, but it end up with error screen without any error code.

As soon as I launch setup.exe, It end up with error screen which requires to send. When I click on view report, it shows me three files in the list. They are "adsk_setup_minidump", "dmpuserinfo.xml", "dumpdata.zip".I have submitted this few times in last 4-5 days, but no one answered on that yet.

I have tried to clear temp file, also tried to copy content from DVD to local disk but same problem.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: abpat

Make sure that you are installing with local administrator rights (you might even run as... Administrator) and that UAC is off and especially that your anti-virus is disabled.  Try installing again and see if it creates an installation log in your %TEMP% folder if there are future failures.  It might help.

If you think the data is corrupted, you can always download an updated version from the virtual assistant.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
abpat
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis

I have tried all prilimnary troubleshoot by following various post on the autodesk forum like UAC, disable antivirus program, remove older version of any autocad products, deleting autodesk from registry, etc. But still having issue. I have copied DVD content on local disk and tried to install from there but same problem. When I launch setup.exe after 20-30 seconds it end up with error (without any error message) where you can send report to autodesk. When I click on view report - it shows those three files in the list which are available in %TEMP% folder. Now, I have tried to use DVD on other machine with same O/s and it is moving farther for installation process, so DVD is not corrupted.

What next can be done. We really need this software going so user can start working on his project. Any suggestion/helpl will be highly appriciated.

Message 4 of 10
abpat

I have attached screen shot of when I click view report on error message while launching setup.exe

Message 5 of 10
TravisNave

It's possible that your windows installer is corrupted.  Or you have some other kind of malware on your machine that is interfering with the installation.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 10
abpat
in reply to: TravisNave

I am running symantec enterprise security (client) on this machine and we have fun full scan and not capture any possible malware.

Windows Installer may be the issue. But, on same machine when I use AutoCAD 2008 media, I am able to install that software without issue.

Message 7 of 10
TravisNave

I would re-download it fresh from my link above and also make sure Symantec
is turned off during installation.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 10
dembkod

abpat,

Hello. Autocad LT does not actually stand for “AutoCAD Lite”. It is “Limited Technology”. When you install, I would have your Antivirus turned off and I would download a clean version of the installer to ensure the download is not at fault.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 9 of 10
abpat
in reply to: dembkod

dembkod

I will download the clearn version from website and try to install again. Before that do you want me to perform any other task like removing any audodesk folder from local disk (program files, etc), any other changes?

Message 10 of 10
abpat

David

I have downloaded the copy of the program from the link you have provided and tried to install but same error. But, I have found the solution. I have downloaded lastest driver from www.displaylink.com and installed. After that I was successfully installed AutoCAD program.

So, ths issue was something to do with the displaylink program which this laptop is using. I have Dell Latitude E6530 model.

You may post this as a possible solution to others who may have similar issue.

- abpat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report