Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install AutoCAD 2012 Service Pack 2

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
coopdetat
2141 Views, 9 Replies

Cannot Install AutoCAD 2012 Service Pack 2

I tried to install this service pack (in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) and I get an installation error for both of them: "the service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer. Make sure that you are using the correct service pack for the product."

I tried installing it (both 32-bit and 64-bit) without AutoCAD open, with Civil 3D as AutoCAD open, with Civil 3D open, and in each case I get the same error. I there a special civil 3-D service pack 2?

And, yes, I have administrator privileges on this machine and am explicitly running the install as administrator.

[Product Information Properties] Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:08:35 AM

License name: AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012

Computer host name: WTR124

Product serial number: 392-########

Product key: #####

License type: Standalone - Locked

License expiration date: None

License behavior: Permanent

License usage type: Commercial

License ID: CIV3D_F_S

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: coopdetat

that service pack is for autocad not Civil 3d

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
coopdetat

P.S. Live Update in the Communication Center says "Your Product is Up To Date"

Product Version F.107.0.0.AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 SP1

Is the service pack not applicable to Civil 3D?

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
Message 4 of 10
DarrenP

no its not

civil 3d has its own service packs

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
coopdetat
in reply to: DarrenP

Not so vertical then is it? Sort of parallel universe kinda thing.  I have C3D 2013 but like a little stabilization of a version before going to the next.  So do they fix some problems as well as create new ones in C3D 2013 or do they just create new problems?

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP

usually both

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
coopdetat

Your response was brief but very good. it prompted me think critically again and quit QQ'ing.  I've been holding off going to C3D 2013 for an invalid reason.  Everybody else here is using C3D 2009.  I didn't want to change file formats on them... but I already have.  I work in 2010 format and they in 2007.  I'm the office "pilot program" for new versions so...

Thanks!  I'm going to install C3D 2013.  It is best to be using the latest version when the others make the leap to what I'm using.

Message 8 of 10
DarrenP

with every release of any of the autodesk products they all introduce new features those new features usually break a feature that worked in the previous version of the software which some of the new features can usually break by a service pack

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
coopdetat

I was looking for the VBA download for 2012 and 13 at home and I also found that both Service Pack 1 and 2 were listed there in the available updates.  There was no separate service pack 1 for Civil 3D 2012 that I saw.  I can't remember when or where I got service pack 1 but I have it installed and it appears that service pack 1 for "AutoCAD" was also applicable to "AutoCAD C3D".

It would help if Autodesk would explicitly identify the products the service packs are applicable to so that users like me can be sure of which service packs are applicable.  Without the information I cannot be sure whether I am experiencing an error or trying to instal a service pack that does not apply.

Autodesk, can you clear this up?

Message 10 of 10
DarrenP

the civil 3d 2012 service pack 1 is here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18133124&linkID=9240698

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report