Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install 3DS Max on Windows 8.1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jonathanmusso
1357 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot Install 3DS Max on Windows 8.1

A little frustrated. Can't seem to get any assistance on my first thread.

I had an issue installing Max 2015. It failed at the Material Library installation. Now I managed to Uninstall the Material Library from my compuer.

When I go to install Max again it claims that another installation is in process. Don't know what to do, there is nothing running in system processes and rebooting doesn't help..

Can anyone help me? It's been over a week with this not running.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jonathanmusso

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
jonathanmusso
in reply to: TravisNave

@TravisNave This software does not work. In my other thread you recommended it. It did not find any errors for uninstalling the Material Library or installing 3ds Max. 

What do we do now?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jonathanmusso

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-perform-a-clean-un...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report