Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get borrowed Viz seat to return early...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
363 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot get borrowed Viz seat to return early...

I am running the latest flexlm for 2006.
A user checked out both my network Viz seats on a laptop.
He did this by logging in as two different users and borrowing a seat under each login.
He was just playing around and I need the seats back, but he is out today.

How can I force the return of the seats?
I went to our server an ran the lmtools util. I went to the borrowing tab and filled in the feature name
"48700VIZ_2006_0F" and hit the return seats early button.

It told me that product is not borrowed.
I know it is from an lmutil inquiry:

Users of 48700VIZ_2006_0F: (Total of 2 licenses issued; Total of 2 licenses in use)

"48700VIZ_2006_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
floating license

rafael TRAINING2 TRAINING2 (v1.000) (flex/27000 201), start Thu 2/23 12:53 (linger: 2465340)
training TRAINING2 TRAINING2 (v1.000) (flex/27000 101), start Thu 2/23 12:53 (linger: 2448720)

On top of all this, there is no way to return the license from the laptop since the license borrowing choice does not
appear in the start menu any more.

I am tired of trying to figure this out, I want a way to get those seats back, without knowing anything on how they got
checked out. I am not cheating on trying to use more than two seats. We are using none as it is.

thanks
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - athunsaker - com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

In LMTOOLS, go to the Start/Stop/Reread tab and stop the server, then start it. Do not check the Force Server Shutdown. Leave it unchecked.

This should reset your license server and free up those pesky borrowed licenses. Eventually, they will expire on their own and you will be fine.

The borrowing tab only works if you have it set up correctly. It requires additional configuration. Then you can see which ones are borrowed and force an early return.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I tried that sevral times, it did not release the seats.
Any other ideas?

TravisNave <>
|>In LMTOOLS, go to the Start/Stop/Reread tab and stop the server, then start it. Do not check the Force Server Shutdown. Leave it unchecked.
|>
|>This should reset your license server and free up those pesky borrowed licenses. Eventually, they will expire on their own and you will be fine.
|>
|>The borrowing tab only works if you have it set up correctly. It requires additional configuration. Then you can see which ones are borrowed and force an early return.
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - athunsaker - com
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Kill the lmgrd.exe service. Then restart it. Must be something hanging around.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report