Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get AutoCAD to install on my Mac HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chri_see
756 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot get AutoCAD to install on my Mac HELP!

Hiya, I've got a 1 year old Macbook Pro with MacOS Extended (Journaled), which I understand is supposed to be compatible. 

I downloaded both the 2012 and 2011 AutoCADs and after downloading for about half an hour once I try and open the downloads to install the following warning message comes up:

Screen shot 2011-11-09 at 13.32.44.png

Completely new to AutoCAD (I'm a student) and not particularly a whizz with my mac, any help would be much appreciated! 

Have also emailed the Autodesk help service so awaiting advice from them too! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: chri_see

you have to have this OS

Mac OS® X v10.6.4 or later

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
chri_see
in reply to: DarrenP

I have version 10.6.8! 

Message 4 of 6
p.pietrucha

And what to do if I have Mac Book Pro 5.2 and version of Mac OS X 10.5.8 -  I downloaded Auto Cad 2012 trial but it requires the version of Mac OS X 10..6.4 or later, I' m beginner user of Mac, should  I update the softwer or ? Have no idea what to do and would appreciate any help, thanks

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: p.pietrucha

you need to upgrade your OS to meet system requirements

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
chri_see

Sorry, should have updated this sooner! I managed to fix it, very simple actually.

I was downloading the software via Google Chrome, but it only worked when I tried downloading it via Safari instead, not really sure why that worked and Chrome didn't, but thanks for everyone's help! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report