Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot find network license manager

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
orenofer
3478 Views, 14 Replies

cannot find network license manager

HI,

I'm trying to setup inventor pro 2014 with a network license manager. 

I've followed the instructions and LMTOOLS acknowledges that the server is UP. 

I've down this twice: once on a dedicated network license manager and one on my own computer where i have installed the inventor. In either cases, I receive the same problem:

When i start inventor it prompts me to either a license file or the license manager computer host name. Neither work: After several times, of inputing the host name, or giving the license file, I receive "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager" error [-1.359.2]

I tried opening port 2080 on the windows firewall. no change. 

Please advice. 

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: orenofer

can you ping the license server by hostname?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

The FLEXlm® based version uses the following ports:
TCP ports 2080 (for the adskflex vendor daemon)
TCP ports 27000 to 27009 (for the lmgrd master daemon)

you also have to allow these ports through the firewall

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 15
orenofer

yes. no problem there.

Message 5 of 15
DarrenP

@orenofer wrote:

When i start inventor it prompts me to either a license file or the license manager computer host name. Neither work: After several times, of inputing the host name, or giving the license file, I receive "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager" error [-1.359.2]

Please advice. 

Thanks

what if you use the Ip address instead?
then does inventor find a license

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
orenofer

I've opened these ports. no change ;-( .

"A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager." Error [-15.570.0]

Message 7 of 15
orenofer

nop. by using directly the IP doesn't help either. as well as 127.0.0.1 , localhost ..

Message 8 of 15
Darin.Green

Can you post the log file for the license manager?

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 9 of 15
orenofer
in reply to: Darin.Green

Here attached. 

Message 10 of 15
Darin.Green

Is the License Manager and Inventor installed on the same machine? If so, try to completely disable the firewall and check the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager

There should be a file named "ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE" with a long string to the licpath.lic file.

Clear the value field and enter "@servername;@server IP address" <-- replace the text after each @ symbol with the correct information then try to start the application.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 11 of 15
orenofer
in reply to: Darin.Green

I couldn't find such key.

I turned off the firewall -- it remains the same, no difference with or without the firewall. 

;-( 

Message 12 of 15
orenofer

i did find a key as you described under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/FLEXlm License Manager/autodesk

but changing as you mentioned didn't help either: it wasn't able to start the license server (when tested with LMTOOLS->Server Status->Perform Status Enquiry)
Message 13 of 15
TravisNave

Please PING the server hostname (not IP) from a CMD prompt and post the results.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 14 of 15
orenofer
in reply to: TravisNave

here attached.

Message 15 of 15
TravisNave

Your issue is IPv6 related.  See my fix for this.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report