Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot export licence

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
johnmcgowan18
1274 Views, 27 Replies

Cannot export licence

Have tried without success to export licence using LTU to install on a new laptop. Error message keeps saying serial number invalid (40). The product key / serial numbers are correct. Still have original box with Autocad USB.  Have installed software on new laptop but LTU will not work on that machine. Have send emails for help to Autodesk over last 3 days. No response. Need help as workload building up. Any help gratefully received 

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
Darin.Green
in reply to: johnmcgowan18

@johnmcgowan18, I think you misunderstood what I was saying. 

Your serial number is no longer valid which means you'll need to get a hold of the latest serial number & product version prior to your subscription ending.

If you subscribed to Building Design Suite when the 2012 version was released and you continued your subscription to date, you would have a serial number and licensing for Building Design Suite 2017. However, since you dropped subscription on that product here's what happens... 

If subscription was dropped in February 2016, then you'll only be able to use Building Design Suite 2016 because that was the latest version prior to dropping subscription and you no longer have access to previous versions either.

So, the question is Do you have an activate subscription for your Suite (Meaning you renew annually to maintain subscription)?

That being said, you should reach out to the reseller where you purchased the software, to inquire about your contract status and licensing information.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 22 of 28

@johnmcgowan18

Did you put the 2012 version back on?  Based on the information you have provided so far, I think you are not entitled to use that version anymore.  Do you know when you went off your subscription?  @Darin.Green was not telling you to put back on the 2012 version, you are supposed to install the version based on when you went off subscription (and most likely this is not 2012).  If you did that you would have a different serial # and product key and the license transfer utility can only transfer the same license/version.

Autodesk didn't do this to you or make your life hard, you did when you went off subscription.  Smiley Wink  Did you understand what happens when you did this or was saving the cost of not renewal your subscription more important?  Just wondering...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 23 of 28
Darin.Green
in reply to: Darin.Green

@johnmcgowan18,

For help finding your serial number, please view the following video or use one of the links below to contact Autodesk:

If this doesn't work, please reach out to Autodesk Licensing and Activation team using one of the following:

• Phone: (866) 681-4359
    • Chat: Online

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 24 of 28
matthew.d

Hi @johnmcgowan18,

Apologies for the trouble exporting the license. There is no need to go through the export process. We can activate your license regardless. To do this, can you generate an request code on the new computer and send it to me via private message along with your serial number. I will then send you an activation code. Click on my screen name matthew.d and then on Send Private Message to send me a message.

There is also an automated service available here for activation codes, if you prefer.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 25 of 28
johnmcgowan18
in reply to: matthew.d

When I click on

Licencing

- Licence Information

o I get a dialog box

§ Autodesk Revit MEP 2012

§ Build 20110309-2315(x64)

§ Licence unavailable

At no point can I request an activation code. Am I looking in the wrong
place

Regards

John
Message 26 of 28
matthew.d

Hi @johnmcgowan18,

Could you private message me the serial number you are attempting to use? I will have a look into your account. You shouldn't need to mirror the install, but rather do a clean install on the new computer, if this is a perpetual license.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 27 of 28
johnmcgowan18
in reply to: matthew.d

Hi Matthew

Autodesk contacted me last night. They took control of the laptop remotely. They had to alter the registry amongst other things. The activation screen was then visible. 

As the licence is for a suite I will have to go through the process again as we have only installed MEP. I have asked if they will email the process so that i can do it myself. If I can I will post it on. 

The whole process took around 5 mins to resolve

Thanks again for you help

Regards

John

Message 28 of 28

Licencing issue resolved:

Installed one component of Building Suite (Revit MEP)

Deleted the standalone license (stored under the folder C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_xx_tsf.data.)

Restarted Revit MEP and followed Activation

Then installed remaining components of Building Suite
Repeated ... deleted the standalone license (stored under the folder C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_xx_tsf.data.)

Repeated ... restarted Revit MEP and followed Activation

All good .. Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report