Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate Maya LT 2015 on OSX

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gsabella
909 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot activate Maya LT 2015 on OSX

Hi, I just purchased a subscription license for Maya LT 2015. I am trying to activate it on my Mac (running OSX 10.9.4), but I get an "Invalid Serial Number" error message. I notice that when I try to enter my serial number into the text fields, the field for the second (8-digit) portion of the serial number only lets me enter 7 digits. It always cuts one out as soon as I finish entering text, and I believe that's what's causing the issue. There is another thread describing the exact same problem (and it is, of course, completely unanswered):

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Maya-2015-invalid-Serial-Number/td-p/5...

How can I get around this? I have a few more days of trial time left but obviously that won't last forever.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gsabella
in reply to: gsabella

Found a way around the problem. Downloaded the installer again and re-installed Maya LT. The installer has its own "I have a license key" page, which works correctly and accepted my key no problem. After entering it that way, Maya proceeded to verify the key and let me sign in automatically. Got activated no problem at that point.

To reiterate, the "Continue your trial or activate" window for Maya LT 2015 is still broken on Mac OSX (I'm on 10.9.4). But it is possible to get around it by entering your license info at installation.

Hopefully this helps someone out who might have the same issue.
Message 3 of 4
jeffrey.sin

Thanks for the update gsabella. This has been noted, we will look into resolving this issuse. In the meantime, you are correct that you can just enter the serial number during the installation to activate the license instead.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 4 of 4
17watsoeth

i entered it in installation, and it still will not work...? btw I am using student license.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report