Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate Maya after trial period

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JAntonisse
279 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot activate Maya after trial period

When purchasing a license after a free trial install, the prompt only accepts 3+7 digits for the registration code vs the 3+8 digits that actually occur in the Autodesk registration number.  This problem was noticed a couple of months ago but still not fixed.

So, the question:  Do I need to uninstall the Maya trial software, then re-install Maya from someplace?  If so, what's the uninstall procedure.

Last item - a comment rather than a question:  Autodesk, this is your point of sale, and the very first experiences I had, as someone who has tried your product and decided to buy it, were (1) can't start the product because of a bug in the registration code, (2) bad pages in help section (see "Related Videos" on http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus#section5), and (3) inability to interact with anyone about it (chat room full and no phone numbers).  You all need to fix this.

Jim Antonisse

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: JAntonisse

JAntonisse

Hello. The field should accept 3 then 8. I have never seen any of our products accept anything else. Make sure you are typing the numbers and not copy + paste. If you copy and paste a space, you will go over the characters.

Can you retry? If you are still having issues, something is working with the install. I would uninstall and reinstall and enter the serial during install.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 3
JAntonisse
in reply to: dembkod

Dembkod - Thanks for your quick reply.

The field should accept 3 then 8.

Yes.  Unfortunately it doesn't.  It doesn't matter if I've pasted the numbers in or if I type them individually, once I hit the 8th character of the second part of the serial number, the 1st character of that part disappears.

This in on OSX.  There were two previous reports on this in July (see http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/cannot-activate-maya-lt-2015-on-osx/m-p/5138570... which also points to the other report)

So to uninstall, is there something I need to do besides just drag the Maya app to the Trash?

Thanks!

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report