Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate Autocad 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bellonjean
584 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot activate Autocad 2014

Hello,

I am a student in architecture. I run into several issues wile trying to install and use Autocad on my computer.

First when I open Autcad, there is nothing in the "Autodesk licensing"  window that pops up right in the beginning.
Capture1.JPG
With a right click I can get a link that I use in Chrome.
Capture2.JPG
There they tell me that  "Reactivation Limit [is] Reached" 
Capture3.JPG

Alternatively, when I close the first blank windows I get a new one (see below):
Capture4.JPG

Then I get another blank windows and I use the same trick as before to open it in Chrome. There I get:
Capture6.JPG

If I choose the first option I am back to the  "Reactivation Limit Reached" page. Instead I choose the second option and use the activation code that I received earlier by email. Then I get 
Capture7.JPG

which looks great BUT....when I click on Finish I get:

Capture8.JPG

"RTFailure", Autocad is still stuck with a blank window. If I launch it again it is the same thing as before as if nothing happened.

I have looked everywhere online. I am getting pretty upset about Autocad (especially when they have a page suggesting to go back from Internet explorer 9 to the 8th when I have the 11th version: do they even bother to update their website?). I emailed them and all I get is a useless automatic reply. 

Any help will be extremely appreciated!

John

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: bellonjean

Apologies for the inconvenience and poor experience John.

Referencing IE8 and 9, I'm guessing that you saw the blank activation screen solution? I know that's not ideal, but as that typically resolves this one can you please do so temporarily and let us know if that resolves it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report