Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Activate AutoCAD 2010

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
PTRogers
4675 Views, 22 Replies

Cannot Activate AutoCAD 2010

I have down loaded AutoCAD 2010's stand alone program. I am having an issue trying to activate it. This program was used by the employee before me at NASA on another pc and has left. I am trying to resurrect for my use.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
PTRogers
in reply to: PTRogers

No one can help me with this problem. Is there a number I can call at Autodesk to get me up and running? It seems to be really hard to get incontact with a real person.

Message 3 of 23
TravisNave

What error do you get?  It's possible that the 2010 license has expired if it were ever upgraded or the Subscription has lapsed.  Currently, Subscription allows for 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011 only.  If you are getting an invalid serial number error, this is likely the culprit. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 23
PTRogers
in reply to: TravisNave

It reconizes the sn and it seems to be good but it says I need access to the old pc to transfer it.

Message 5 of 23
TravisNave

Bah.  Don't try to use any license transfer.  Just launch the product and try to activate it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 23
PTRogers

Tried to just open and it wont let me beause it is still active on the old pc.

Message 7 of 23
TravisNave

That has nothing to do with it.  Can you not simply open the program and click activate?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 23
PTRogers

No Sir. It will not let me activate.

Message 9 of 23
TravisNave

Do you get an error that says you've activated too many times?  Can you input an activation code in manually?  If so, you can get an activation code to do this.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 23
PTRogers

I am going to try re-installing it. I have to wait on my IT group since I dont have admin rights. 

Message 11 of 23
TravisNave

Sounds like you need new IT.  Not having local admin rights to your machine is a failure on their part.  Being IT myself, I can sound off on my soap box as such.  Smiley Very Happy

In any case, have them also activate the software under admin privileges. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 23
emily.xu

As a Gold subscription customer, you can contact our technical support by phone.Please refer to this solution on how to acess your phone support.

As for your activation issue, it will be better if you can provide more details, like error messages or images, so we can give you suggestions on how to resolve it.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 13 of 23
emily.xu

Did your problem resolved after reinstall the product?

If you still need any help from us, please just let us know. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 14 of 23
PTRogers

After reloading and some IT support I am up and running! Thank all of you for your help!

Message 15 of 23
gohltkps

I have just changed my desktop computer C drive hard disk, after download the autocad LT 2010 program and activation found " Invalid serial number", pls help urgently. thank you.

Message 16 of 23
camilo.lemos
in reply to: gohltkps

Hi gohltkps,

Your product has likely been upgraded to a newer version.

Please, send me the serial number and request code of your product via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message).

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 17 of 23
gohltkps
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Serial # xxx-xxxxxxxx
Product Key # 057B1
Request Code #xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Message 18 of 23
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: gohltkps

Dear gohltkps

I will send the acivation code via private message. Please remember not to post any sensitive information here  for security reasons.  When you log-in to your account, on the upper right hand side of the screen, right before your user ID, you will see an envelope. You can click on it and you find an email from us with theinformtion that you need to activate your license.

For future reference, please contact our Registration and Activation Team directly for immediate assistance.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 19 of 23
ewiNAB6L

i've got the same problem. What was the solution of the IT support?

Message 20 of 23
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ewiNAB6L

@ewiNAB6L 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

If you are trying to activate the 2010 version you're no longer allowed as of Aug 31 2019.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report