Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we run AutoCAD 2010 32-bit AND AutoCAD 2010 64-bit on the same machine?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JordanMrazek
3924 Views, 7 Replies

Can we run AutoCAD 2010 32-bit AND AutoCAD 2010 64-bit on the same machine?

the purpose for this is because we use a piece of software with AutoCAD that will only work with the 32-bit version, and we only need it's features from time to time, but the bulk of our drawing must be done in the 64-bit version. Is there a way to install both versions on the same machine?

if not, can we install AutoCAD 2010 64-bit, and AutoCAD 2011 32-bit on the same machine?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: JordanMrazek

no you can't

there is no way to run the 32 bit autocad on a 64 bit os without some sort of hack to the installation

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Exactly.  The only other work-around that some people are using is to install a Virtual Machine on the 64-bit to run a separate installation of Windows XP 32 on the same machine at the same time. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

if you have windows 7 pro higher it comes with xp mode which runs xp pro sp3 in a virtual enviroment

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
JordanMrazek

We already were able to install AutoCAD 2010 32-bit on a windows 7 64-bit machine. what I wanted to know was can we run BOTH versions of AutoCAD; 32-bit and 64-bit.

I like the idea of the virutal machine, I will look into that.

Message 6 of 8

how can i run Autocad 2010 32-bit on os 64-bit  win7

Message 7 of 8
JordanMrazek

We had no problems installing teh 32-bit version of AutoCAD 2010 on windows 7 64-bit,

and FYI everyone, the best solution we came up with for running BOTH autocad 32-bit and 64-bit on a windows 7 machine was to download and install Sun Virtualbox and install it on Windows 7 and then create a virtual instance of windows XP that we can run while in Windows 7, this way our user has simultaneous access to both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions.

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Microsoft already offers a free version of Windows XP via Virtual PC for Windows 7 users.  Get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report