Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we run 2 autocad services at once?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sielim
725 Views, 7 Replies

Can we run 2 autocad services at once?

autodesk sent us 2 license files for the same license server, one was named with our 2009 serial #, one was named with our 2011 serial #.  can i run them as 2 services, or do i need to 'merge' them in 1 file?  i ask forr 2 reasons: 

1.  i'm not sure why they sent us a new 2009 file if we could have just appended the 2011 data to our old one - unless they misunderstood what i was asking for (i asked for either 1 file containing both licenses, or the data i needed to append to our existing 2009 license file, to add 2011 to it.

2.  the 2011 file does not say 'INCREMENT' and the very begining.  i'm not exactly sure what format it's supposed to have.  it has the format...

SERVER server info

USE_SERVER

VENDOR info port-2080

PACKAGE  about 7  

lines of data

here

INCREMENT about 7

lines of data

here

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: sielim

here is more info on how to combine network licenses: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Guide-on-Combining-Package-Network-License-File...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
TravisNave

Combining the license will not work and is also not necessary because your license is under Subscription.  Your 2011 license that contains the PACKAGE is backwards compatible to the 2009 version.  That means you only need to configure your service with your 2011 license for your 2009 license to continue to work.  Adding the 2009 license file to the 2011 license will be ignored because the later version will supersede the earlier one. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
sielim

well with the 2009 license, there's a little section for each additional software - revit, architecture, etc. - but with the 2011 file they sent - there is not.  does 2011 simplify the license file - or do you still need a section for each program in the software suite?

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

In that case, what appears to be happening is that Autodesk created the Subscription license based on your 2009 product.  Then they created a simplified 2011 license that does not contain the PACKAGE feature. If that is the case, then you can append your 2011 license file with the 2009 one and run them together.  Although, I do not understand why this situation needs to exist unless you are continuing to run older Autodesk products from 2007 and prior... 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
sielim
in reply to: TravisNave

thanks!

i did send them our current live license file as an attachment when i requested the new one.  and our live file does contain  2007 license information, although it doesn't really need to anymore... they preserved that information, i guess, in case some users still were running 2007.

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

Well, the way that Subscription works is that your license file is good for the current release and 3 version back.  So your 2009 license file would technically be good for 2008, 2007 and 2006.  Had Autodesk simply given you back a new 2011 Subscription file, it could be used in place of your old one and be good for 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008. 

So what you have right now should work for your current needs.  It's just an odd situation. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
quannguyen

It is not really an odd. In many situations you still need to run older release of the software. Autodesk created 2 licenses files because the 2011 license file won't cover 2007 or older release. I don't think you can combine/merge these two license files though. We were in same situation and had to setup another License Server for the 2009 license file just in case we need to run 2007 products. It has worked fine so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report