Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't start up newly installed Autocad LT 2012

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tonjeo
784 Views, 6 Replies

Can't start up newly installed Autocad LT 2012

Hi!

I'm an IT administrator and have purchased a few Autocad LT licenses that I have installed on user computers (one for each user).

One of the computers that I installed this on had a pretty serious Windows problem not related to Autocad, so I reformatted and reinstalled it. I installed Autocad again on it, which went fine, but once the user wanted to start up the program, he gets the message as attached:

I'm sure you'll all forgive me for wanting to keep my product serial number to myself, this is the same serial number as the one on the packaging, but the product key is publicly known and this is what I'm having problems with.

I see that other users seem to have the same problem, but it always seems to be solved with private messages. I also tried to contact my supplier, but no luck.

Why will it not accept the Product key?

Can anyone help me?

autocadproductkey.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: tonjeo

Message 3 of 7
TravisNave

As crazy as it sounds, I have seen this fail if the product key is copied and pasted into the box, rather than simply typed.  Try typing it manually. 

Also, if you installed this from the Inventor LT Suite, it could be 529D1. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
waylandtd

Hi

I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to resolve it and if so how?

thanks

Wayland

Message 5 of 7
jessica.t
in reply to: waylandtd

Hi @waylandtd and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Did you confirm that you were using the correct product key? Did you try typing it in as opposed to copying / pasting as suggested above? Do you have any other Autodesk products installed on your computer? Sometimes other licensing information can be pulled into new activations from previous installations.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 7
waylandtd
in reply to: jessica.t

Yes, I did check that I was using the correct product key and I typed it
rather than copy/paste. The product key works on the initial installation,
it is when I try to launch AutoCAD for the first time after installation
that the problem appears. I am attempting to run Autocad LT 2012 64-bit on a
machine running Windows 7 64-bit. the product key is 057D1.
Message 7 of 7
waylandtd
in reply to: waylandtd

Hi all

The solution is here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Essentially, you remove the Autodesk programs one by one using the control panel, then remove the files from your computer, then delete the registry entries, reboot and re-install.

It worked for me, on a Dell Latitude E6540 running Windows 7. BTW, the ATI Radeon GPU in this machine does work with AutoCAD LT 2012 once enabled, despite the warning that it may be unsupported.

cheers

Wayland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report