Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Run Sketchbook Pro 7 After Installation

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
designs
3450 Views, 10 Replies

Can't Run Sketchbook Pro 7 After Installation

I'm on a Thinkpad Tablet 2 running Windows 8.1. I've installed Sketchbook  Pro 6 and Sketchbook 7 without any issues. When I attempt to open Sketchbook Pro 7 after installing I receive the following error:

"Autodesk Sketchbook Pro has experienced a problem and must close. Please save your work." I hit "OK" and a "save file" dialog box comes up to save a non existant file. After saving or cancelling out the program closes.

I've tried installing as admin, re-installing and restarting, but nothing seems to make this error message go away.

Please advise. Thank you.screenshot.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jandkstudio
in reply to: designs

Hi,

The same problem occured on Thinkpad Tablet 2, too. I got around this problem by changing the default canvas size to a size smaller than the 1366 x 768 pixel of the tablet 2 screen resolution. 

To do that, you need to run the Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 7 in 640 x 480 compatibility mode (right click the desktop icon for pop up menu, and choose "property", then "compatibility", and check the "run in 640 x 480" box). This will allow you to run the program, but the canvas will look like a mess and not work. While you keep the program running, you can change the screen resolution back to 1366 x 768 so that you can see all the controls and menus, and set the new default canvas size. Once this is done, restart the tablet, and run the program. Then, you will able to run Autodesk Skecthbook Pro 7 on the Thinkpad Tablet 2.

Message 3 of 11
aamcphie
in reply to: jandkstudio

i have a mac and i have the same problem 😞 does anyone know how to fix it?

Message 4 of 11
martvilis
in reply to: aamcphie

Hi,

I'm on a Thinkpad Tablet 2 installed Sketchbook  Pro  7  . And i have this problem:

Capture.JPG

How can i solve this problem?

Thanks

Message 5 of 11
leeafairbanks
in reply to: martvilis

martvis, 
I have that same issue. Did you find a solution?
Message 6 of 11

I'm running Asus tablet, Vivotab Windows 8, 32bit, 2gig memory.

Message 7 of 11
martvilis
in reply to: leeafairbanks

Hi,
You may go to SketchBook menu Edit -> Preferences.. -> General tab -> turn off "Enable Rotate Canvas" option, and restart SketchBook to see if it works normally.

Message 8 of 11
leeafairbanks

OK, I'll try that. Thanks.

Message 9 of 11

Were you able to then turn on rotate canvas after?

Message 10 of 11
martvilis
in reply to: leeafairbanks

Turning again I have the same problem

Message 11 of 11
brianscrivener

this worked for me now i can see my screen properly 🙂 its a shame i cant use rotate canvas 😞 come on Autodesk your really putting me of buying you pro version at moment!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report