Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Run 30 Day Trial Inventor 2014 Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dreno99
5860 Views, 2 Replies

Can't Run 30 Day Trial Inventor 2014 Pro

Hi,

Running up to date Windows 7 on a capable Dell, with licensed and operational AutoCAD 2013.

I let the Autodesk website install Inventor 2014 Pro for a 30 day trial. It installed fine. Unfortunately, due to something completely seperate, I had to restore the system to a date a few days prior to the Inventor install. So I let Autodesk install Inventor again. Now when I try to run the software, I am in license state 2.10.0 and I have to activate the product. But, I have no serial number or product key. I should have about 25 days left to evaluate the product. My boss is not going to buy a license if I cannot show results. How can I run the product?

THANKS.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: dreno99

you can't

you broke the trial license when you did a restore point

you need to find another machine to install it on

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: dreno99

Dreno,

You can try deleting the licensing files using the direction below but it that doesn't work you may be out of luck. Once the system beleives the trial has already done there isn't a way to reset it short of reformatting and re-installing the OS.

Delete trusted storage file

First enable view of hidden files if you have not already(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/show-hidden-files). Navigate to the below directory

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet 

Find a file with a name similar to this: adskflex_00691b00_tsf the important thing is that it begins with the adskflex. Delete that file. Please note once you do this all Autodesk standalone licenses will need to be reactivated.

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report