Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

sreich20
Message 1 of 5 (1,560 Views)

Can't reinstall Revit 2014

1560 Views, 4 Replies
09-04-2013 07:40 PM

I am having a really difficult time reinstalling Revit 2014 on my computer. I was running a student version of Revit 2012 on my Windows 7 Bootcamp. A couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to the student version of Revit 2014. It installed fine but shortly after I made the terrible mistake of accidentally unistalling one of the Microsoft C++ programs. Revit stopped working and even after I redownloaded the correct Microsoft C++, it still wouldn't work. I didn't know about system restore at the time and by the time I figured it out, it was too late to go back. I tried many things to reinstall Revit but nothing worked, the installation always froze up or aborted (I tried each install method). I tried everything outlined in this post: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617.

Finally, I just decided to remove my Bootcamp partition and recreate it. Since Windows 8 is now available, I installed that on the partition. However, when it was ready to run, I was still unable to install Revit. 'Install Now' freezes up and then I am unable to restart it. 'Download Now' aborts. 'Browser Download' downloads fine but then freezes in the installation. I have tried a couple dozen things to fix this and reinstall, but I am no closer than when I started. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this.  

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 5 (1,536 Views)

Re: Can't reinstall Revit 2014

09-05-2013 09:18 AM in reply to: sreich20

Welcome to the community.

I don't understand the *freezes during installation* issue. 

When you install Revit, there are additional downloads in the gigabytes that can take in upwards of 8 hours to download depending on your connection.  I would recommend patience and let the seeminly frozen installation complete. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
sreich20
Message 3 of 5 (1,531 Views)

09-05-2013 09:58 AM in reply to: TravisNave

I've waited for more than 24 hours on two occassions without any progress. During the installation a little box pops up that says "Preparing Revit Content" and the installation never moves forward. My connection is working properly.

alindquist
Message 4 of 5 (1,183 Views)

11-26-2013 10:14 AM in reply to: sreich20
Did Autodesk ever help you resolve this?....I'm having the same problem
Employee
DannyHubbard
Message 5 of 5 (1,176 Views)

11-26-2013 12:16 PM in reply to: alindquist

You can try these setting changes, http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS19331146

But as Travis mentioned above the install is downloading gigabytes of data so it may take a while.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.