Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register or activate 3DS Max

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jlivolsi
1097 Views, 1 Reply

Can't register or activate 3DS Max

I registered for a student version of 3DS Max, downloaded the software, and got the serial number and product key in an email.  I am trying to install 3DS Max and at first it was telling me that the product key was not valid.  In the installation it was saying that I was installing Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2015, but the product I selected to download, and got a serial number and product key for is Autodesk 3ds Max 2015.  I put in my serial number during installation and it liked that, but it did not like the product key, neither 128G1 (the non-design key) or 495G1 (the design key) worked.  So, I choose the 30 day activation and tried to register and activate after running for the first time.  It did not like the 128G1 but let me put in the 495G1, but now is telling me my serial number is not correct?  Honestly, what is going on?  I read all the posts, followed all the online documentation, none of that works or is relevant.  Apparently I was given an serial number for one peice of software, a product key for another, and downloaded a third software for which neither the serial or key work.  I want to use the 3DS Max 2015 software, I didn't choose the Design version and I honestly couldn't tell the difference.  So, is there any way to fix this or is this just going to be stuck in limbo?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: jlivolsi

Hi @jlivolsi

Welcome to the Community. Apologies for the incident with the 3ds Max 2015 download, we are looking into it right now.

Upon checking our database, you are entitled to use Autodesk 3ds Max 2015. Please re-download the installer from our Virtual Agent instead (click on Download Links -> click on 3ds Max Products -> click on Autodesk 3ds Max -> click on the link under 2015 to start the download.

Or, you can also click on this link to download Autodesk 3ds Max 2015.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report