Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open MatchMover 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Lelana.Mackey
1565 Views, 4 Replies

Can't open MatchMover 2012

I'm trying to open MatchMover 2012. An error [-1.359.2] stating A valid license could not be obtained by Network license manager occurs.

I'm not on a network. This is a personal student version.

Second dialogue box indicating Maya error 20.

How can I open MatchMover? See Snap Shot of error messages attached.

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Lelana.Mackey

Seems that your error indicates that you installed the product as a network version and you do not have a network license manager installed or setup for this purpose.  Since you are running the student version, you should probably uninstall and reinstall as the stand-alone version with the serial number you were provided.  That should allow for license activation instead of looking for the license manager. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
mika.ds
in reply to: TravisNave

I've been having exactly the same problem with MatchMover using a student version as the person above. Just to be sure, I reinstalled Maya and made sure the license is set to Stand-Alone. However, I still get exactly the same error message as before.

What would be a solution to this problem? 

Thanks for help

Message 4 of 5
d.hutchison
in reply to: Lelana.Mackey

To solve this problem, you will need to copy the License.env file from the Maya application folder into the Matchmover application folder.  

If you are running on a Mac:

1. Applications > Autodesk > Maya2012 > right click on Maya and select ‘Show package contents’ > Contents > Copy License.env.
  2. Applications > Autodesk > MatchMover2012 > right click on Matchmover2012 and select ‘Show Package Contents’ > Contents > Paste the License.env.

If you are running on Windows:

1. C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2012/bin > Copy License.env.
  2. C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Matchmover2012 > Paste the License.env.

Thanks to David Lau and Owen:

http://mayastation.typepad.com/maya-station/2011/05/matchmover-2012-standalone-with-maya-2012-standa...

Message 5 of 5
andrewsgunn
in reply to: d.hutchison

Thanks, I've been having exactly the same problem since I got the software. In the end I assumed it was just because it was a student edition that it never worked. I asked my instructor and he said the same thing as me lol.Getting a job as a MatchMover is a great entrypoint for good Visual effects companies such as Double Negative in London.

Once again

Thanks a lot

Andrew 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report