Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install on new Windows 7 machine

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
400 Views, 7 Replies

Can't install on new Windows 7 machine

I got a new computer, which runs Windows 7, but the installer I have for my version of AutoCAD (LT 2010) will only run on XP or Vista. Is there any way to get an installer for Windows 7?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi L Z and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

AutoCAD LT 2010 is designed to work optimally on Windows XP or Vista. You may want to try running your Windows 7 in XP Mode as an alternative. Hopefully that works for you, if you have any other questions please respond to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 8
pendean

Do you have a disk or a download? Your XP/Vista was probably 32bit and your new Windows 7 is 64bit, and you are trying to install 32bit AutoCAD in Win7 64bit which never works.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have a download. My coworker managed to install 2010LT on her machine when she switched over to Windows 7, and doesn't remember having had any problems with it. Is it possible that there are different versions of the installer? Is there any place I could get the right one?
Message 5 of 8
pendean

You probably downloaded only the 32bit and now you need the 64bit version. You should be able to find it at the Autodesk Customer Service Virtual Agent:
1. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
2. Select the choice "Download Links".
3. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
4. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

5. Save the download somewhere safe, it won't be available on the Autodesk website much longer.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

You are awesome. That's exactly what I've been looking for and couldn't find. Now my activation isn't working, but I sent an email to the address provided, so hopefully it will work out.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

So it turns out that the email address provided to ask about activation bounced back. Do you know what the best way is to get my activation sorted out? Thanks.
Message 8 of 8
jessica.t

For direct licensing assistance please contact our Activation and Registration department through our Contact Us page. Select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report