Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Autocad Utility Design 2014

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kenm
638 Views, 8 Replies

Can't install Autocad Utility Design 2014

I am unable to install AUD 2014. After checking the task manager, it seems that the setup.exe program runs, then quits with no error.

I have the anti-virus software's on-access scanning disabled and UAC is turned off.

I have local admin access to the PC and have also tried the "Run as administrator" menu item.

I have tried logging in with another account which also has local admin access.

I have a 64-bit system and am using the 64-bit disc.

I have tried downloading the trial version from the website, but get the same results.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Computers are like gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: kenm

Hmm, Do you happen to have a software installed called "Displaylink Core Software"? That has been known to cause our setup.exe to crash.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/general-installation-dlumd32dll-displaylink-core-...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 9
kenm
in reply to: asburyj

I don't have that particular software installed, and I could not find the .dll mentioned in the link either.

Message 4 of 9
asburyj

Hmm I am not sure what might be happening. Are you getting any screens at all? At what point is the install crashing?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 9
kenm

Yes, it's quite perplexing. When I start the installer, I can hear the DVD drive spin up, but I never see anything. If I watch the task manager closely, I can see "Setup.exe * 32" in the list, then a few seconds later, it's gone with no errors and no messages of any kind. I've also checked in the Windows event log, but wasn't able to see anything in there either. I've also tried copying the files from the DVD to the local hard drive, but that didn't work.

Message 6 of 9
asburyj

What OS is this? Also what brand of Antivirus software is installed?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 9
kenm

Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1 is installed)

Sophos Endpoint Security & Control, version 10.0

Message 8 of 9
asburyj

Sorry I am not sure what might be going on. Can you check if it's creating any log files? The logs will be generated in the TEMP directory which can be accessed by typing '%temp%' in the START > RUN. Please locate the logs which will have a naming convention of "Product Name Setup.log" and "Product Name Install.log" , where  "Product name" is the name and release year of the software.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 9
kenm

I found the log files, but it appears that no data is being written to them. The dates in the files are all from several months ago when I had AUD installed before. However, it doesn't appear that anything is being written to the logs this time as the file sizes are all identical, even after starting the setup program several times.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report