Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Autocad Mechanical

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karthur1
499 Views, 2 Replies

Can't install Autocad Mechanical

The problem that I Autocad Mechanical 2015 will not install on a particular machine.  Os is Win 8 x64.

Here is the history on it and what I have done.

Inventor Product Design Suite Ultimate was installed as a trial version.  During the trial period I purchased the Product Design Suite Premium.  In order to install the Premium Suite, I had to uninstall the Ultimate suite.  When I ran the installation, Autocad Mechanical failed to install.  The installer says that the product already exists, but the product does not show appear under "Programs and Features".

When I look at the install log, it says that Autocad Machanical was successfully installed.... but it is not.

I have ran the Microsoft "Programs Install/Uninstall" tool... but Mechanical did not show up in the list.

Here is what I see at the end of the installation.  The install log is attached.

APDS Prem Capture.PNG

What can I do so I can install my products?

Thanks,

Kirk

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: karthur1

Here is what I am finding in your installation log:

Install	Autodesk® BIM 360™ Add-in for AutoCAD® 2015	Failed	Installation aborted, Result=1603

The log shows Mechanical is installing, but when it fails on BIM 360, it rolls everything back. 

I would recommend that when you install the suite, you do not select to install BIM 360.  Let the rest of the suite install successfully.  Then, if you need BIM (unlikely) you can install it afterwards and address any problems it might be having.

Let me know.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

you also may want to if possible to edit the setup.ini to not install the visual c++ 2012

like this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/some-products-fail-to-install-result-1603/td-p/...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report