Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install AutoCAD LT 2015

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
382 Views, 3 Replies

Can't install AutoCAD LT 2015

I bought AutoCAD 2015 LT as an upgrade from AutoCAD 2010 LT.  I have an installation DVD and the Serial number and Product Key.  When I try to install the program it continues until just 4 files have to be installed, stops and finally the following error message comes up:

1: 5  2: AdlmPITSetProductInformationfailed 3:  2

The program then rolls back 4 or 5 files, quits and a screen comes up showing that none of the programs have been installed.  I've been through this at least 4 times.

I've tried the installation with the McAfee Security Center firewall and real time scanning off and all programs that I'm aware of on my PC turned off, including Outlook.  Control Panel says I have Microsoft .NET frame 4.5.1 installed.

My PC is a Dell Studio XPS 8100 with 6 GB of memory, running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, an Intel Core i5 CPU, running at 2.8 GHz.  It has over 300 GB of free disk space.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Somewhere in the forums I found a reference to my error message and they suggested looking in the C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/Adlm directory for the ProductInformation.pit file.  They suggested that the file was corrupted and suggested deleting it.  I renamed it, just in case I needed it again for some reason and then tried the install program again.  This time it ran to completion and I found a new version of the ProductInformation.pit file.  Problem solved.

I'm not sure if that's the solution suggested, the steps in the suggested solution seemed more detailed, so I suspect the solution to my problem was simpler.  But thanks anyway for your help.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have trouble navigating the AutoDesk Community forums, but
I found a reference to a fix for my problem somewhere. I can't thank the
person who wrote the solution, because I can't find the message again, but
they suggested going to the C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/Adlm directory and
deleting the ProductInformation.pit file; the assumption being that the file
was corrupted. I renamed the file (in case I needed it again) and reran the
installer. This time the installation went through to completion. The
installer created a new version of the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report