Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install AutoCAD LT 2015

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
awall
1531 Views, 1 Reply

Can't install AutoCAD LT 2015

Attempted to install AutoCAD LT 2015 as an upgrade to current LT 2011.  Everything was going well utnil it froze in the process of installing Autodesk 360.  The only way to get out of it was to do a hard shutdown.  When I went to run LT 2015, it did not work, so I attempted to uninstall via Windows Control Panel.  It produced an uninstall error, and removed the option from the list of programs.  The only way to remove it was manually.  I even went so far as to follow Autodesks recommendations for how to completely wipe ALL remnants of ALL Autodesk software from the computer, and then I started from scratch!

I reinstalled AutoCAD LT 2011, upgraded that to AutoCAD LT 2014 with Autodesk 360, and then attempted to upgrade to AutoCAD LT 2015.  It's telling me that it can't, because it's already installed on my system (see attached screen capture).  I've spoken to Autodesk on the phone and they were not helpful at all.  Short of wiping my entire computer entirely, I don't know what to do.  Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
awall
in reply to: awall

Ended up finding this response in a different message thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/board/message?board.id=24&message.id=86195#M86195 

The second option to install the Windows Install Clean Up tool did the trick!

Here is the link to the post about how to install and use the Windows Install Clean Up tool:

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/board/message?board.id=24&message.id=27696#M27696 

I've attached the zip file for installation of the tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report