Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install AutoCAD 2015 trial

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Envergure
624 Views, 2 Replies

Can't install AutoCAD 2015 trial

I have tried three times, unsuccessfully, to install the trial of AutoCAD 2015 on my Windows 7 Home Premium x64 machine. In all three attempts, the result has been that the program installs but the splash screen gets stuck at "checking license." I gave it about an hour to unstick, but it didn't, nor does it display any prompts or error messages. It uses no CPU while stuck, and Windows doesn't display a "This program has encountered an error and needs to close" dialogue. I downloaded "Install Now Autodesk AutoCAD 2015" using Firefox and ran it, following the procedure in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDxf-BxBqds There were a couple of hiccups, though. I clicked "Keep blocked" when Windows Firewall objected to somehing accessing the internet during installation (whoops! *****I suspect this is the problem*****). I also inadvertently agreed to the American EULA even though I'm Canadian, because I didn't notice the listbox of countries. I ran AutoCAD and it stuck. Then I remembered I was supposed to reboot after installing, so I rebooted, but it still stuck. Then I remembered I'd kept something blocked, so I opened "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall" in Control Panel, allowed Akamai NetSession (which I presumed was the thing I'd kept blocked) to access public and local networks, and tried again, but it still stuck. Attempt #2: I uninstalled all Autodesk and Akamai programs using Add/Remove Software, deleted all Autodesk and Akamai folders from my hard drive, rebooted and repeated the installation. It didn't ask me to allow anything through Windows Firewall this time. Attempt #3: Same as Attempt #2, but this time I also deleted the Autodesk keys in Regedit and cleared the %TEMP% folder before rebooting. I redownloaded "Install Now Autodesk AutoCAD 2015", this time using Chrome, and installed again. (It was at this point that I noticed the list of countries and chose Canada.) In the meanwhile, I've already lost four days of my trial period 😞 I will be very grateful if anyone can tell me how to get this working. Thanks, - Chris
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: Envergure

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum,

Can you give the solution linked below a try? There's been some windows updates lately that have been causing crashes with the licensing component used by Autodesk software.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 3
Envergure
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks.  That may be the cause, but I ran into errors applying the fix.

I have got the AutoCAD trial working on a different computer with Windows 7 Ultimate x86.  It's a considerably slower machine, unfortunately, but it'll do for the 30 days.

Thanks, 

- Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report