Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

lauredefoy1
Message 1 of 16 (21,042 Views)

Can't install autocad 2012 because net framework is missing (but not really)

21042 Views, 15 Replies
10-16-2011 08:40 AM

Hi,

Sorry first for my poor english ! 

I've tried to install autocad 2012 on my daughter's pc (which is a Vaio running Windows 7, 32 bits).

But it always cancel installation because "net framework 4 is not installed". In fact, it's not true : I've installed framework 4 and I can see in the control panel both Framework 4 Client Profile and Framework 4 Extended.

Anyway I've uninstalled both of them, uninstalled Java or any folder mentioning "Autodesk". I've also used Ccleaner to empty temp folder and to clean registry. After that, went to Windows update and re-installed Net Framework 4. I've booted and reboted between each install or uninstall procedure. But nothing matches.

I've also tried to used the net Framework4 version which is inclued on the autocad soft to be sure that it's the best fit to the procedure. But again, nothing has matched. After hours of procedure, it still tells me Net Framework4 is missing and refuse to go further...

Can you help me ? Thank you.

Customer Service
celine.manca
Message 2 of 16 (21,006 Views)

Re: Can't install autocad 2012 because net framework is missing (but not really)

10-17-2011 02:28 AM in reply to: lauredefoy1

Hi Laure,

Did you try to turn off your firewall and/or antivirus before installing AutoCAD?

Thank you

Celine Manca
lauredefoy1
Message 3 of 16 (20,988 Views)

Re: Can't install autocad 2012 because net framework is missing (but not really)

10-17-2011 11:42 AM in reply to: celine.manca

Hi Celine,

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, I did but I forgot to mention it : it didn't work too.

Maybe another solution ?

Contributor cjr
Contributor
cjr
Message 4 of 16 (20,982 Views)

10-17-2011 12:53 PM in reply to: lauredefoy1

Are you 100% sure you have the full .Net 4.0 installed and not just the .net Client thing that Windows Update offers?  I had a similar problem with a program installing (not sure if it was Autodesk product or not) and after much frustration I realized it wanted the full blown .Net 4.0.  I did a google search for .net 4.0 full install and found a page like this from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718

Please note the link I included is for 64bit so do your own search if you need 32bit.  Anyway, after I installed this full version, I was able to install no problem.  Not sure why the software vendor didn't include .net 4 as part of the install in the first place or at least warn you as a pre-installation check.

Hope that helps!

Chris

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 5 of 16 (20,969 Views)

10-17-2011 02:00 PM in reply to: cjr

Agreed.  Try the full installer from the link above or from the Autodesk media.  If you still have problems, use the .NET Cleanup and start all over. 

More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Mentor
Darin.Green
Message 6 of 16 (20,963 Views)

10-17-2011 02:10 PM in reply to: lauredefoy1

Laure,

Uninstall all of .NET Framework AND C++. Once they're uninstalled, reinstall them from the media (DVD).

If AutoCAD still doesn't install, I would recommend booting up in Diagnostic mode then try the install again.

Darin Green
Synergis Technologies

If this resolve your issue/question, give Kudos or Accept as Solution...
Customer Service
Angelo.A
Message 7 of 16 (20,955 Views)

10-17-2011 02:20 PM in reply to: lauredefoy1

Hi lauredefoy1 ,

Here is the link to the Autodesk web page: "Microsoft .NET 4.0 pre-requisite for Autodesk 2012 product installations"

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16436702&linkID=9240697

Note that the above web page contains a link to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer).

I hope this helps,

Angelo

Angelo Aramayo
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

lauredefoy1
Message 8 of 16 (20,953 Views)

10-17-2011 02:56 PM in reply to: cjr

Thank you for your help, Chris !

Yes, I think it's the full .net framework4 : I first downloaded from microsoft (fit for 32 bits W7). And, because it didn't work, I've uninstalled and re-installed (but this time from the file taken in Autodesk soft itself). In the control panel, it's visible : both net framework4 client and extended are mentioned.

BTW, I've got to say I also have a problem for installing the last version of IE9. But I don't think it's related.

I'm afraid I have to "refresh" the whole system (there's a lot of things on the hard drive !) But I hesitate : I'm not even sure it will be a reliable answer : on this forum, somebody did it but still has a problem in the install procedure...

lauredefoy1
Message 9 of 16 (20,950 Views)

10-17-2011 03:10 PM in reply to: lauredefoy1

Thank you again TravisNave, Darin Green and Angelo.

I see my daughter tomorrow evening and i'll try your solutions on her PC.

I'll tell you if it finally matches.

I already thank you for your support.

lauredefoy1
Message 10 of 16 (20,900 Views)

10-19-2011 01:21 PM in reply to: lauredefoy1

Hi everybody, all advisers.

I come back with my annoying questions.

After another uninstalling procedure of Net Fr4, I've tried, like you wrote, booting up in Diagnostic mode and to install again.

Strangely, everything began well but alfway, the installation stoped and refuse to go further...

After that, I've taken a look on the rapport. It said (between other things) that Net Framework 4 was already installed (!) but not activated.

So, I've gone to the Control Panel > Fonctionalities >activate. But at this point, this small window stayed clear with no program inside to activate or un-activate.

Maybe, it's a track to follow ?

What do you think about ?

PS : you suggested also to uninstall C++. I' didn't done it because I was afraid not to be able to recover everything : at this moment, my daughter has to complete other works on her pc before presenting them the morning after. Was it critical to uninstall C++  ?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.