Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install autocad 2012 because net framework is missing (but not really)

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
lauredefoy1
29822 Views, 22 Replies

Can't install autocad 2012 because net framework is missing (but not really)

Hi,

Sorry first for my poor english ! 

I've tried to install autocad 2012 on my daughter's pc (which is a Vaio running Windows 7, 32 bits).

But it always cancel installation because "net framework 4 is not installed". In fact, it's not true : I've installed framework 4 and I can see in the control panel both Framework 4 Client Profile and Framework 4 Extended.

Anyway I've uninstalled both of them, uninstalled Java or any folder mentioning "Autodesk". I've also used Ccleaner to empty temp folder and to clean registry. After that, went to Windows update and re-installed Net Framework 4. I've booted and reboted between each install or uninstall procedure. But nothing matches.

I've also tried to used the net Framework4 version which is inclued on the autocad soft to be sure that it's the best fit to the procedure. But again, nothing has matched. After hours of procedure, it still tells me Net Framework4 is missing and refuse to go further...

Can you help me ? Thank you.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
celine.manca
in reply to: lauredefoy1

Hi Laure,

Did you try to turn off your firewall and/or antivirus before installing AutoCAD?

Thank you

Celine Manca
Message 3 of 23
lauredefoy1
in reply to: celine.manca

Hi Celine,

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, I did but I forgot to mention it : it didn't work too.

Maybe another solution ?

Message 4 of 23
cjr
Participant

Are you 100% sure you have the full .Net 4.0 installed and not just the .net Client thing that Windows Update offers?  I had a similar problem with a program installing (not sure if it was Autodesk product or not) and after much frustration I realized it wanted the full blown .Net 4.0.  I did a google search for .net 4.0 full install and found a page like this from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718

Please note the link I included is for 64bit so do your own search if you need 32bit.  Anyway, after I installed this full version, I was able to install no problem.  Not sure why the software vendor didn't include .net 4 as part of the install in the first place or at least warn you as a pre-installation check.

Hope that helps!

Chris

Message 5 of 23
TravisNave
in reply to: cjr

Agreed.  Try the full installer from the link above or from the Autodesk media.  If you still have problems, use the .NET Cleanup and start all over. 

More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 23
Darin.Green

Laure,

Uninstall all of .NET Framework AND C++. Once they're uninstalled, reinstall them from the media (DVD).

If AutoCAD still doesn't install, I would recommend booting up in Diagnostic mode then try the install again.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 23
Angelo.A

Hi lauredefoy1 ,

Here is the link to the Autodesk web page: "Microsoft .NET 4.0 pre-requisite for Autodesk 2012 product installations"

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16436702&linkID=9240697

Note that the above web page contains a link to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer).

I hope this helps,

Angelo

Angelo Aramayo
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 23
lauredefoy1

Thank you for your help, Chris !

Yes, I think it's the full .net framework4 : I first downloaded from microsoft (fit for 32 bits W7). And, because it didn't work, I've uninstalled and re-installed (but this time from the file taken in Autodesk soft itself). In the control panel, it's visible : both net framework4 client and extended are mentioned.

BTW, I've got to say I also have a problem for installing the last version of IE9. But I don't think it's related.

I'm afraid I have to "refresh" the whole system (there's a lot of things on the hard drive !) But I hesitate : I'm not even sure it will be a reliable answer : on this forum, somebody did it but still has a problem in the install procedure...

Message 9 of 23
lauredefoy1

Thank you again TravisNave, Darin Green and Angelo.

I see my daughter tomorrow evening and i'll try your solutions on her PC.

I'll tell you if it finally matches.

I already thank you for your support.

Message 10 of 23
lauredefoy1

Hi everybody, all advisers.

I come back with my annoying questions.

After another uninstalling procedure of Net Fr4, I've tried, like you wrote, booting up in Diagnostic mode and to install again.

Strangely, everything began well but alfway, the installation stoped and refuse to go further...

After that, I've taken a look on the rapport. It said (between other things) that Net Framework 4 was already installed (!) but not activated.

So, I've gone to the Control Panel > Fonctionalities >activate. But at this point, this small window stayed clear with no program inside to activate or un-activate.

Maybe, it's a track to follow ?

What do you think about ?

PS : you suggested also to uninstall C++. I' didn't done it because I was afraid not to be able to recover everything : at this moment, my daughter has to complete other works on her pc before presenting them the morning after. Was it critical to uninstall C++  ?

Message 11 of 23
TravisNave

They are all simply runtimes and can be safely uninstalled.  They are prerequisites and will be reinstalled when necessary or manually from Microsoft.com.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 23
cjr
Participant
in reply to: TravisNave

I hate to be like this but I have to put this out there...  This computer seems to be acting erratically and it is causing you headaches and many work arounds.  If this was me, I think I would cut my losses and reformat the computer.  Sadly, it will probably take you less time to back up all personal data, reformat, reinstall windows with updates and reinstall programs than it will take to work your way around this.  Besides, even if you do work around this I believe you still are dealing with a messed up and buggy computer.

I hate to say stuff like that because it sounds like a cop-out but sadly it is probably true and probably the most efficient way to get by this and end up with a good, solid computer.  Just my opinion.

Chris

Message 13 of 23
lauredefoy1

I also hate to agree with this but, after all, I must admit I can't act further ! And there's probably no doubt you are right.

I've tried to pass beside the difficulty but it seems that there is no hope !

I must admit the smallest allusion to this back up and re-install process give me an headache !  Woman Sad 

However, thank you all for your advices and help.

Message 14 of 23

I was installing Autocad 2010 to my windows 7 laptop. I have also installed the microsoft.net framework 4 from this site

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851

however, when i begin the installation process, a black screen just pops out and then gone. nothing happened. The installation didn't push through... what could be the problem of the installation process?

PS.

I have also turned off my antivirus.

Hope you could help me

God bless.

Message 15 of 23
AEC396

I have not finished the install but ther gentleman in the prior post that gave the .net 4.0 d/l link was correct after you download and install the preceding .net 4.0 link then you do a Windows Update and there are six more files which have net 4.0 stuff in them and when that finishes I will reply back with another reponse and see if it installs correctly as well...  Sincereley, Alexander The Great

Alexander E. Calvo
w0579370@apps.losrios.edu
Message 16 of 23
laisjaccoud03
in reply to: TravisNave

Hey guys!

I'm having the same problem here with cad 2012 architecture... I just tried what Chris said (1st page) and it's not 100% installed but its working, so thanks Chris! You just saved an achitecture student's project!

Message 17 of 23
Automax1975

Same problem. RESOLVED:
In the briefcase decompressed that you find in C:
Autodesk
AutoCAD_2012_Italian_Win_32bit
NETVerifier

you replace "setupverifier.exe" (it doesn't verify newer versions of NET Framework 4.0) with the most recent version that you find here:
https://onedrive.live.com /? cid=27e6a35d1a492af7&id=27E6A35D1A492AF7%21397
(attention, name it with the same name of the old file)

You launch again setup of Autocad.

Italian

Stesso problema. RISOLTO:
Nella cartella decompressa che trovate in C:
Autodesk
AutoCAD_2012_Italian_Win_32bit
NETVerifier

sostituite "setupverifier.exe" (non verifica versioni più nuove di NET Framework 4.0) con la versione più recente che trovate qui:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=27e6a35d1a492af7&id=27E6A35D1A492AF7%21397
(attenzione, nominatelo con lo stesso nome del vecchio file)

Lanciate di nuovo l'istallazione di Autocad.

Message 18 of 23
maryamamann

HI I'm having the same problem I need to install .NET framework but every time i try, it gives this error. Please help.

Message 19 of 23
maryamamann

HI I'm having the same problem I need to install .NET framework but every time i try, it gives this error. Please help.

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 23

@maryamamann

Review this article and download and install your Autodesk product using the Autodesk Virtual Agent or

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report