Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install & Run AutoDesk Point Layout 2015

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mchitsa
433 Views, 5 Replies

Can't Install & Run AutoDesk Point Layout 2015

Everytime I install AutoDesk Point Layout 2015 and try to run it I get a "Could not load file or assembly 'Licensing.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found." I'm not sure what is causing this issue. I've uninstalled it and resinstalled it numerous times and tried other alternatives such as running as admin, changing compatiablity mode, running CCleaner for old AutoDesk registry files and no luck with anything. On a few forums they were talking about it having to do with .Net Framework but I'm not sure how to go about that issue. I'm thinking it may have to do with existing AutoDesk programs on the computer.Someone please help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: mchitsa

What OS are you installing onto?  And are you installing with local admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
mchitsa
in reply to: TravisNave

That's correct. I'm using local admin rights. Haven't turned UAC off because im working on a work PC. I haven't tried disabling my anti virus either but I also have other AutoDesk products installed on that PC and they seem to work fine. I doubt it is being blocked by anything when installing...

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

do you have a 2015 product installed?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
mchitsa
in reply to: DarrenP

I have attached an image with the AutoDesk products I have installed on this PC. Point Layout is the only 2015 AutoDesk software I see..

Message 6 of 6
s.hamel

Point Layout 2015 does have a requirement of at least one other 2015 Autodesk product being installed, Revit, AutoCAD, or Navisworks, they can be a trial version though. This requirement will go away when the R1 release comes out.

Shayne Hamel
Manager, Principal Software Engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report