Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install 3dsmax 2014

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Mstandar
2479 Views, 7 Replies

Can't Install 3dsmax 2014

Hi. Im trying to install 3Dsmax 2014 from the education community, on my new cumputer. But i get an error message right after I have started the installation I have tried all the download/installation options (Install Now, Download Now, Brower Downlaod) But I keep getting the error in the attached image. The only difference between the errors I have got seems to be the "FirstRun ThreadID" My computer have the following specifications Windows 8.1 Intel Core I7 4770k 16GB crucial ballistix Sport 240GB Crucial SSD (System Drive) And a bunch of harddrives for filestorage. Thanks in advance for any help. /Marcus
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: Mstandar

Can you attach the error mesage as a .jpg or .png file?

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
adlerfg
in reply to: Mstandar

I´m experiencing the same issue. I´m trying to install 3ds Max student Swedish version on a Mac running windows 8.1. I downloaded the software but I get a message (in Swedish). I'll try to translate.  "Error, the path to the network is incorrect, is missing or otherwise is this path not available at the moment. Type the path again or contact the network administrator"

What should I do? Path to C: is on Bootcamp.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: adlerfg

Hello Adler and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

It's possible you're receiving this error because none of our products are supported on Windows 8.1. Is it possible for you to roll back to Windows 8?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 8
adlerfg
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello and thanks for your quick answer.

I think I have good news then. I had installed windows 8.1 only yesterday and I had many issues, but then I uppdated windows and video drivers and everything´s working just fine. 3ds Max is running very smooth.

Thanks once again 😄

Message 6 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: adlerfg

Wonderful! So glad to hear it! If you need any other help you know where to find us!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 8
khungdanxua
in reply to: jessica.t

i used windows 8.1 64bit. I can't installer 3ds max 2014. When i installed it 's display windows installer. When i click ok. then setup was fail. How to fix it?

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: khungdanxua

Hi @khungdanxua and welcome to the community!

You may want to try re-downloading taking the precautions below:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download your software from the Virtual Agent

Please let me know if this helps! If not, please reply with your installation log. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report