Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install 3DS max 2012 trial?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Bspent
13411 Views, 8 Replies

Can't install 3DS max 2012 trial?

Have tried numerous times. I'm logged in as the ADMIN, UAC is off, anti virus is off. The errors are as follow:

Install Autodesk® 3ds Max 2012 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
2011/4/8:21:24:18 Rollback Autodesk® Backburner 2012 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1619
2011/4/8:21:24:34 Rollback Autodesk Material Library 2012 - Medium Resolution Library Succeeded
2011/4/8:21:24:49 Rollback Autodesk Material Library 2012 - Base Image Library Succeeded
2011/4/8:21:25:11 Rollback Autodesk Material Library 2012 Succeeded
2011/4/8:21:25:11 Rollback DirectX® Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619
2011/4/8:21:25:11 Rollback .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619

My .NET is up to date and so is my direct x. So......I'm lost:(

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Bspent

Please try a clean install in diagnostics mode

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218

If the issue is not fixed, please post the detailed log (as compressed file)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
Bspent

Ok, that did it. Thank you.

Message 4 of 9

Hi, I have also had problems installing 3ds Max 2012 trial.

I go through the Setup and at the end of it it says "Autodesk 3ds Max 12 failed" and the Setup Log says the same as the other post. Why is this? I have tried everything; doing as you suggested with the msconfig clean install but that didn't work because it said Access Denied as i was not the Administrator, which is strange because I'm the only user. I also tried re-downloading and that didn't work.

I haven't got a top notch PC but it works perfectly well because Max 2011 worked fine.

Can anyone help??

Thanks

Message 5 of 9

Hii, cant install 3dsmax 2012. here is complete installation log fle attached . clean boot method didnot work.

thanx

Message 6 of 9

Hi,

I had the same issue and spent many hours to resolve it.
I've downloaded "Autodesk 3ds Max" (win 7 x64), extracted and executed the Setup.exe. It always ended up with the following error:

(3ds Max 2012 Setup.log)
Install    Autodesk® 3ds Max 2012    Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1603

(MaxInstall.log)
Action start 14:44:24: MRSetService.
CustomAction MRSetService returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Then I executed this file from the extracted folder "\x64\max\3dsMax2012.msi" and unticked the "Mental Ray Satellite" (It fails otherwise).

To get materials, execute the .msi files in "\Content\ADSKMaterials\2012".

Now it's working perfectly.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Bernard

Message 7 of 9
owen

I just had this same issue - the installer aborts and just says "Failed Result=1603". It was a result of having another installer open (in my case for my SAN software). Closing the other installer fixed the problem and 3ds max 2012 is installing just fine now.

Message 8 of 9

thanks man 

that did it...!

🙂

Message 9 of 9
zxz328

hey, about that Clean install:

My problem is that I downloaded 3DS MAX 2012 in a torrent, and now I have the .iso file.

I use the daemon tools lite to open it.

so, I tried the msconfig and all the intructions for a clean install, but the problem is that when I start windows in the diagnostics start up (turning on the windows installer) the daemon tools lite can't mount the .iso image to start the install (the "mount" button is locked).

what option I need to turn on in the MSCONFIG to use the daemon tools lite?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report