Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Mac license server running

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ekraft
1095 Views, 3 Replies

Can't get Mac license server running

Hi,

I am trying to get the Mac licensing server running, and am having trouble. I followed the instructions here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/installing-maya-2011-2012-2013-with-a-network-...

but when I run sudo ./lmutil lmstat -a -c /var/flexlm/adsk_server.lic to check the status, the below is what I get. Can anyone help? 

vesnet:flexnetserver vesadmin$ sudo ./lmutil lmstat -a -c /var/flexlm/adsk_server.lic
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2013 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 9/16/2014 09:10

License server status: @vesnet.fas.harvard.edu
License file(s) on vesnet.fas.harvard.edu: /var/flexlm/adsk_server.lic:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,570:36 "Operation now in progress")
vesnet:flexnetserver vesadmin$ sudo ./lmutil lmstat -a -c /var/flexlm/adsk_server.lic
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2013 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 9/16/2014 09:10

License server status: @vesnet.fas.harvard.edu
License file(s) on vesnet.fas.harvard.edu: /var/flexlm/adsk_server.lic:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,570:36 "Operation now in progress")

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ekraft

I have seen this exact error where the LIC file itself is not formatted correctly.  It is formatted and saved in a Windows/DOS format instead of a UNIX format.  Thus, the line-feeds and returns are incorrect for a Mac to read.  You might need to redo the formatting of the license file and try to start it again.

See this thread for more information on what I mean:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/unable-to-start-the-lincense-server-on-a-mac/td...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
ekraft
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis. It turns out to have been something else entirely. For some reason the instructions referred to things being installed in paths that they had not actually been installed in. My boss was able to figure out where they had been installed, and then use the right paths in the commands to get everything running.

Message 4 of 4
ekraft
in reply to: ekraft

This is what my boss did, in case someone else runs into this same issue.

After installing the nlmipv4support_macuniversal.pkg, the software gets installed in the folder /usr/local/flexnetserver/ and runs a the generated license file put in /var/flexnet/ where network users can easily access it. Therefore, you may need to call the lmgrd with an absolute path: /usr/local/flexnetserver/lmgrd 

I then follow the option -c and point to the license file location /var/flexlm/adsk_server.lic You need to rename your generated license to this name.

Then run: 

/usr/local/flexnetserver/lmgrd -c /var/flexlm/adsk_server.lic

To start the server/service and follow the on-screen output to be sure there are no errors.

In the same or another shell, run:  ps ax | grep adskflex and you should see a process running called adskflex with a long line of options.

Be advised, this will not survive reboot, so you'll need to put this into your preferred way of starting daemons on bootup. Either StartupItems or other ways.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report