Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get any 2015 products to activate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
klflesher
716 Views, 2 Replies

Can't get any 2015 products to activate

Greetings:

I am trying to install a MultiUser Standalone version of the Education Master Suite 2015 in my computer labs, but nothing will activate. Very frustrated.

History:

Requested and received 125 seats for Educational use, with a serial number and key. Downloaded the software.

Built a standard machine with Windows 7x64, preparing to image. Installed AutoCAD, Map, Civil 3D, Raster Design, and Revit. Launched and activated, all was well on my "standard" machine. Created an image, deployed to all computers in my CAD Lab. All good so far.

Launch any Autodesk product as a local administrator user, and it tells me the License is invalid, and I need to re-activate. I read the page about "what causes these requests" and it makes sense. When I try to activate automatically, it fails, but I do immediately get an email from Autodesk with the activation code for my request code. So, I tried the "I have a code" option. This also fails, the error code is 00015.111. Nothing works on any other client computers now, in fact once the activation fails, that product will no longer run, it starts but seizes and locks up, I have to Kill the application with Task Manager.

The only computer that will run any Autodesk apps now is the original build machine, despite running sysprep on it.

I spent quite awhile with an activation support person on chat, and nothing they suggested worked. Their only path now is to uninstall everything and re-install. This is over 6 large applications, on 20 computers. The uninstall alone will take me days, it takes forever to run, especially considering this is not my real job, I have several classes to teach.

As a test, I uninstalled AutoCAD on one machine, rebooted, then tried to re-install, but it failed. I don't want to bother figuring out why, it would be better to just deploy another image without the applications, then install each fresh. But I REALLY don't want to do this.

I'm at my wits end, somebody must know why these computers won't activate. I do have a few group policies in place, but I was very careful to not enable any registry blocking features, and I temporarily disabled the anti-virus scanning software.

I really appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: klflesher

If you are deploying to a lab you cannot launch and activate before imaging when using a multiseat standalone. When you activate unique activation infomration is crated and saved locally so when you deploy that to all your systems it looks to the Autodesk servers that the same system is trying to activate 125 times rather than 125 different systems trying to activate. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 3
klflesher
in reply to: asburyj

OK, that does make sense. Thanks for your reply, that is very helpful. Perhaps that is in the Installation documentation somewhere, but I missed it.

I have since created a new image that has NO Autodesk applications, and deployed that. Then I built deployments on my server for the applications I need, and installed them on each machine. Took 2 days, very slow. This worked fine, except for one machine. That machine is the same one I was working on with the Licensing agent the other day, trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. She had me sending the activation request many times, and it was failing over and over.

Now that machine won't activate, it tells me I have reached my Activation Limit. Not sure if this is just for that machine, or if for some reason I've run out of all 125 licenses already, even though I've only setup 20 computers so far. The screen tells me to click on the link for a "virtual agent", but when I do this I just get a "page not found" error. So that machine is stuck, no way to activate. I sent an email to Product Support for Case #09952020, but it's been awhile now and no response.

I have 11 more computers to install in another lab, I want to get this resolved before starting on that. Maybe I'll try putting the Autodesk applications in the image but not activating prior to imaging.

-KLF

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report