Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get a license for student version of 3ds Max 2012

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ilikemodeling
1074 Views, 7 Replies

Can't get a license for student version of 3ds Max 2012

Hey, I just registered for a student version of 3ds Max, but when I specify which version I want, language and OS, i get the following message: "We're sorry we cannot provide you with your license details at this time." along with the possible solutions. I've downloaded the version to use it as a trial currently, and tried with a second account just in case - didn't work! Is this a current issue or some problem on my end?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: ilikemodeling

It could be because you are trying to download 2012. Try downloading 2014?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 8
ilikemodeling
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Gave it a shot, still didn't work. I didn't try it before because I need 2012 specifically, but it appears neither works

Message 4 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan

Did you download the software allready and struggeling to activate or is it giving you the error when trying to download?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 8
ilikemodeling

It gives me the error when I try to download. I followed the tips and downloaded it anyway then installed it with trial mode on, assuming the license issue will be resolved soon
Message 6 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan

That a good idea. The trial will expire in 30days. In the meantime contact Autodesk and enquire about your serial to activate your software. They are the only one that can give you the serial number

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 8
ilikemodeling

Any direction where exactly I should contact them from? The student support seems to be only an online guide
Message 8 of 8
ilikemodeling

Fixed now! Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report